Razor Bumps

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by TuRon Davis • Sep 2, 2014.

1. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I've been having a bit of a problem over the years with razor bumps. I've tried everything from creams to alcohol, even acne soaps to no avail. I don't have a problem all over my face, it's just my cheek area where my beard grows. The best success I've had is keeping hair from growing in that area and scrub at least 3 times a day. However, as soon as the hair grows back, the hair bumps return. Does anyone have any tips to better prevent razor bumps? I'm really getting tired of this. I heard products like Pro-Active etc. is just a waste of money. I'm seeking a more natural approach.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a really good question that I have been asking myself for some time. I get razor bumps on my legs and occasionally also ingrown hairs. The only way I have found to combat this problem is to use a salt scrub to get rid of the dead skin cells and disinfect the area. The scrub is easy to make. I simply mix medium coarse sea salt with water and add a little honey. I gently scrub over the affected areas and later apply a few drops of tea tree oil to deal with infections.

3. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have this same problem when I shave my legs. I have tried everything also. I noticed that once I switch the type of cream that I use, the bumps do not appear anymore. Sometimes it can be caused from the ingredients in the product that you are using.

4. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks a lot for your feedback! I will give this concoction a try. I miss having that glow that I once possessed when was younger. Once I try this, I will give you some feedback to update the effectiveness or not.