Reaching out

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Gelsemium • Jul 4, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that we need to reach out to the people we need. For example, where I work we have a social program for students with no money that can work for us for some money. Those students are in need and I talk to them to see if there's something I can do for them. Do you usually try to reach out to help people in need or do you just carry on with your life how most people does?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just try to carry on with my life, I think that those who can only reach out are those that can afford to donate money or have extra time to join charity groups. So i will leave out that kind of responsibility to those that could, and to the various charity groups we have all around the world.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't bother trying to do any good for others either. Occasionally I make a donation to a charity but that's as far I'd go. Yeah I might sound a little selfish [callous even] but that's how life is. It [life] is not fair and even if you wanted to, you can't help everybody. But like I always say, unless churches and other religious institutions lead by example by helping the needy then most people won't.

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    If I come upon a situation where I can help then I do my best to help the person resolve the situation, but I don't actively go out and seek situations where I can help.
    But like I said, if the situation presents itself to me where I can help someone, I will.
    "You can't help everybody, but everybody can help someone"

5. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:
    I donate to charities, give the homeless food, and try little things here and there. I don't have much money or time, but I figure doing little things is what counts. My most recent act of charity was helping out a family after their house burnt down right before Christmas. My best friend and I went to Salvation Army and picked out the nicest clothes for each family member and clean toys for the children. We brought in at least 5 trash bags of goodies for them to the firehouse that was collecting the stuff. When we arrived, we saw tables upon tables of donations! I was moved to tears.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I will go out of my way to help people, even strangers. I am a big believer in what goes around comes around so I like to pay it forward, as far as I am concerned it doesn't matter what these people can do for me...I just get a good feeling from hopefully having a positive impact on someone's life. All too often it is easy to lose track of reality and get caught up in small trivial things, giving a little bit of time, help,money can really help someone out who is down.

7. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes is more capable of giving more those who have less, just because they want to give more. I believe pretty much in this, if we have the capacity to see ourselves in someone else's shoes we will do him/her what we would like that someone did for us, for our kids or any close friend or family member. We should indeed be there for each others, that's how I feel.