Reading About The Arts

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by DesignerMum • Feb 26, 2015.

1. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I love to read. Whenever I have the time, I would read a book that interests me. That's what I do with my free time. And I like learning things, especially things that move me, such as the arts.

Recently, however, I found out that we now can download free art books from The

, The Metropolitan Museum of Arts, and The Guggenheim. More than 1,000 titles are available for reading online, with free download options available for at least 500 titles from museums.

Do you still buy books about arts or do you prefer to read and download them online? Do you read about arts?

#1Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
  2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well technically the books that I buy aren't exactly about the art itself but rather how the art was made. Books like "How to Draw" or "Alla Prima", those sort of things which are really awesome and useful books by the way. I do buy art books just to stare at the art and to really digest how they're made.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I am a bit old-fashioned, so I still prefer buying real books. However, I wouldn't mind downloading a good E-book if it's really something I badly want to read or if I'm so curious about it. Though I don't have that much patience with reading stuffs online.

I don't really read much about the arts, but I love browsing through biographies of some famous artists such as Vincent van Gogh (my favorite painter) and Pablo Picasso.