reading the fine print

Discussion in Home & Property Insurance started by messlisa • Dec 15, 2013.

1. messlisa

messlisaNew Member

Threads:
    protecting your assets is a smart investment..no one knows when tragedy will strike, but be sure the coverage you are paying for is the type of coverage you want...some insurance companies leave out the flood and fire coverage and it ca be devastating to lose your property due to not reading the fine print

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I fully concur with the fact. The fine print is usually tucked away from obvious perception under' terms and terms and conditions apply'. Most people don't bother until an emergency strikes and they start impotent litigation to be compensated. Even the framing of the words matters for it might mean hidden conditions.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I agree that it is extremely important that a subscriber to an insurance should carefully go through the fine print to be informed of whatever benefit would be due in they would have to make a claim. Most people are aware of this but going through the fine print is a tedious process so they avoid doing so. when they make a claim they may be surprised to find out that things they had assumed to be covered were not included in the coverage. if they had read the fine print, they would have saved themselves from the distress of finding out when it's too late.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know it's tedious and takes up a lot of time and energy, but I always read the small print. I've heard so many horror stories where people have run into trouble and lost a huge amount of money all because they neglected to read the small print, and I just don't want to find myself in that position. -and the best way to avoid it is to READ THE SMALL PRINT :)