Reading the labels

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by melapie • Aug 15, 2012.

1. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    There have several cases before of toys containing lead. And lead is a poisonous chemical compound. Do you make a habit of reading the labels and checking if what you're purchsing is safe for your little ones? Do you check if its free of harmful substances? Do you check if it's age appropriate?

I say, we parents should all be vigilant about this. This is a very good way of avoiding accidents. And we always have to be very careful of what we give our children. Prevention is always better than cure.

2. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    First I read ALL labels, it irritates my husband when we go out shopping together, which isn't often. That being said, my answer is yes to all of your questions. Who knows the products better than the manufacturer than the who, what and why's. However I also will use my judgement on things. Sometimes if the toy says age appropriate for 2-3 and I think the age is a little high or low, I will go with my gut on wether it is right for whomever I am making the purchase for.

3. polenksz

polenkszMember

Threads:
    We always do. I think it is our job as parents to make sure that what we give our child will not bring them any harm. As with age-appropriate toys, there are times that we buy toys that have a different age bracket, if we feel that he can play with it already. My wife is always there to play with him and if she's not, she just put away the toys that have small parts.

4. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do check labels especially if the products concerned will affect my kids. I'm more careful in buying toys. Lead poisoning is a very serious matter and our kids rely on us parents for their 100% safety. Not only do I check labels, I always make sure that the toys I buy for them are not that hard to cause injury.

5. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    You should always check labels. Toys are age appropriate for a reason: if you give them to kids who are too young they might manage to break them and ingest small parts or hurt themselves.