RealSpace Office Chair, The Waincliff

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Ruth B. • May 19, 2014.

1. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I just received a new office chair from Office Depot as a birthday present. It is called the Waincliff. It's a high back leather office chair by RealSpace. I did the Cinderella thing and sat in all of the office chairs there. This was the best feeling one, and it was marked down.

This review is mixed.

The first chair, we took home and hubby assembled it, and I got one sit in it. A pin in the plate that the seat sits on broke. It would not raise up and down, it was stuck at the level we left it at. We called the store, Waco Texas Office Depot, and they replaced it. The manager was super great, and we had no problem doing the trade, as he opened a new box and put the bottom roller section with the new plate. This one works GREAT. LOVE this chair, how it sits. I wanted a high back because it's full back support. The lumbar region and the back to the shoulders are fully supported. I spent a lot of time at the computer with business, so this comfort is not a luxury.

Hope this helped someone.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to have this chair for several years. It's comfortable, but I would strongly advise you to try it out next to the desk that you plan on using it with before you bring it home. I got mine at Office Depot, and I also happened to buy my desk there a few months prior - but didn't think to try it out with that desk in the store. The problem was, even at it's lowest setting, it wouldn't go down low enough so that I could sit level with my desk. My desk was already somewhat low to the ground, but in addition, the keyboard was on a slide-out tray under the desk, so it was even lower. I couldn't use they keyboard tray for the first few months, until I "broke in" the new chair, and the padding started to flatten a bit.

It's a comfortable chair, but not particularly flexible in terms of adjusting things. I have since then gotten one of these chairs (

) and I really love it. The back is mesh, which keeps you super cool, especially in the summer. But the most important thing about this chair is that you can customize the heck out of it. There are levers for just about anything you could imagine. It's lightweight but very sturdy and well built.

3. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your feedback. So sorry you had that experience with the height. Mine is perfect. As for the mesh, I can believe it for sure. The trouble with the ones in the mesh (in the store for me) was that they were not as comfy as this one. I actually now sit on a cloth on the seat as I often sit in shorts and don't want to stick to the chair and put whatever skin oils on it, breaking down the leather faster. Again, thanks for the feedback. It's my first 'real' chair in years and years, and so to me, it's gold. :)

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have been thinking about getting a new office chair and have not yet looked into this brand name. Thank you for the informative post. I think it will help me make an educated decision. Also, it will help me when perusing garage sales this summer to try and find what items are really worth a buy. As I can see from the post above, what might work for some may not work for others so it may be possible to find a nice office chair that is not that badly used.