Rebate On Acdelco Spark Plugs Through 12/31/2015

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Diane Lane • Mar 28, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just bought some ACDelco spark plugs yesterday, and was pleased to learn there's a rebate on them. I might not have thought to check the receipt for that, so am glad the store clerk (shout out to Auto Zone) let me know. The rebate per plug ranges from $1 to $2, depending on which type you buy. I'm posting this to let everyone know, in case they buy them, because if the clerk hadn't pointed it out, I might have missed out on saving some $$. The rebate runs between 2/15/15 and 12/31/15, and is on plugs purchased OR installed.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love rebates on spark plugs, and most of the major brands offer a few bucks off each spark plug you buy throughout the year. I did that with Champion a few months ago, and it was nice spending $20 and getting $5 back. They even had an online portal to submit the rebate forms, which made everything even easier. I even got paid through PayPal!

3. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I would much prefer submitting the information online, and receiving my rebate via PayPal. I just mailed them off, and should be getting $12 back, assuming I actually do receive the rebate. I have no experience with ACDelco as far as rebates, but have had a few issues with mailed in rebates to other companies, so I'm crossing my fingers.

4. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I received my rebate check last week, and promptly deposited it. Yay. Sometimes I don't even bother to buy the product with the rebate because I've had issues in the past with receiving the money back, but ACDelco came through, so I wanted to let y'all know that I did receive the rebate check.

5. John Wood

John WoodNew Member

Threads:
    I received my $8 rebate check from ACDelco and promptly deposited it in the bank. Just this morning I received notice from the bank that the check is being returned for NSF. Additionally, my bank (Wells Fargo) is charging me a $12 returned check fee. I'll be taking time off to go down to the bank branch and try to straighten this out, but even if I am successful, this is a huge hassle. I'm wondering if anyone else is having ACDelco rebate checks being returned for NSF?

6. John Wood

John WoodNew Member

Threads:
    OK, here is the official response from ACDelco from their Facebook page:

"

FYI: The bank that produces the rebate checks had a system processing error on 12/23 that inadvertently caused approximately 280 of GM’s spark plug rebate checks to get returned after the customer had deposited it into their bank.

Our rebate processing vendor is calling and or emailing (depending on customer preference) each of these customers to explain the matter and to offer to pay for any fees incurred to due to bounced checks. /KC"

7. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Wow, that's really crazy. I didn't have any problem with mine, but I deposited mine about 6 months ago, thankfully. It's good to see that ACDelco is on top of it, and the fees will be reimbursed. No doubt if that hadn't been the case, there would be a class action suit. I'm sure some people had other items bounce because of the issue, especially if they purchased larger amounts of plugs/wires, and I hope those fees also will be covered.