Receipt Pal And Receipt Hog Apps

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by prose • Nov 3, 2015.

1. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I have been looking for money-saving apps that are easy to use, and came across two similar apps, called Receipt Hog and Receipt Pal that allow you to upload photos of your shopping receipts, and earn points. They are similar to Ibotta, however, the items on the receipt do not need to be for any particular items, therefore no need to scan barcodes on products that you purchase in order to get the rebate.

Receipt pal will accept receipts "from any merchant for consumer goods purchases of all types such as convenience stores, travel and entertainment, restaurants, grocery stores, clothing stores, sporting goods stores, electronics stores, gas stations, car dealerships, online retailers and other mass merchants."
    Receipt Hog will accept receipts from any store that sells groceries and health and beauty products.

So far, the apps look like they will be slow earners, however, with the little amount of effort it takes to upload a receipt, my thought is, why not give it a try? Have you used either one of these receipt apps, or one similar to it? If so, how long did it take to pay out? Which apps do you use to make or save money?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Checking these receipts is actually one of the many microjobs I work through the Crowdflower platform. So my advice is to make sure that the photos you upload are clear and legible. I sometimes have to reject receipts on the basis that I simply cannot make out what is on them.

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    What is the Crowdflower platform? Do you do this from your own home?

I use all three apps (Ibotta, Receipt Pal and Receipt Hog). Ibotta seems to earn the most amount of money in the shortest amount of time. I also think it take the most amount of work and is the most selective. Even though these seem to be slow earners I think its worth it since you are essentially getting money back from items you already buy.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Receipt Hog but from the sounds of it I need to get Receipt Pal as well. I have cashed out once with Receipt Hog and yes it is slow going but money is money so I will take 2 seconds to scan the receipt. I use Ibotta too and that used to be a faster money maker but they have changed since I first used them. But I still do it because it is still money back. Check out Find & Save. You earn percentages back at stores that are on their list. Sort of like Ebates does with online shopping.

5. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I used to use Ibotta, and I liked it, but the app kept giving me problems, so I just let it go. I use Receipt Hog a lot and really enjoy it. Receipt Hog just started allowing receipts from restaurants, gas stations and clothing stores on December 5, 2015 and it really has helped with making earning a lot faster.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I snap receipts as well as enter in data from them for some micro tasks and @missbishi@missbishi has a great point. I always hate rejecting a receipt, but you have to if all of the info is not There in the photo or if it blurry to the point you can't read it

7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I just recently downloaded the Receipt Pal app and it told me they were not taking participants at this time. So I guess I will have to just stick with Receipt Hog. I forgot that they said they were going to start taking restaurant and gas station receipts. Thanks for bringing that up so now I can earn even more and it won't take as long to cash out.