Recipe Builders, Have You Tried Them?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Jasmine2015 • Nov 16, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    There have been plently of times when we need to go shopping. All we have in the kitchen are a few odds and ends. Though you still have to eat at some point right? Sometimes what I like to do is go on recipe builder websites where all you have to do is type in the ingredients you have and then a list of recipes will show up. This has worked very well for me when I wanted to make cookies but then I might not have certain ingredients such as eggs. Have you ever used sites like this before? I think this might even be helpful of your inviting someone over but then they don't eat certain foods so your trying to find something different.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen these and I guess they are geared towards people who aren't that good at cooking, have leftovers and need inspiration to use them up, or students who have limited resources and need to find something to cook.

I do think they are helpful, however, I am pretty creative and if I am cooking for myself I will experiment with what I have. Sometimes you just need to be adventurous and see what happens.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too have seen them and heard of them, and like Theo, I believe they're a good learning tool for those who are not so good or confident at cooking. I guess they'd also be good for just about anybody, but I've never thought to try them, why I'm not sure. I'm not the best cook, but I'm pretty confident in the kitchen and know how to improvise and jazz up my dishes. But of course, it wouldn't hurt to give the recipe-builders a go :)

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I
    I have heard of those sites and have tried them a time or two. When you have odds and ends of ingredients it is sometimes a bit diffiuclt to know what to make, but I always think of something. Usually I buy ingredients with a purpose in mind, but I think using that site to jazz up some leftover ingredients is a really good idea. Thanks for mentioning that!

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of recipe builder site but they sound like something that I should take a look at. But to be honest since I'm not that good at cooking something from recipes I've never tried before, I'd end up wasting all the ingredients I put in so maybe I might use the sites to get a rough idea of what could be made from what I have available but that's how far I'd go.

Anyway for those who don't mind trying new recipes, I think they might find these sites rather valuable because using up all the food you bought does save you some money.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I've never tried this before but I might now. I try and keep lots of food in my pantry and fridge so I can always whip up a good meal. I can still get creative and substitute if need be and my meal will still turn out great. These sites would be helpful for people who don't like to cook or have a large repetoire of recipes. I have tried to google recipes based on few ingredients I have and find a plethora of different recipes.