Recommend something other than the Keurig for one-cup coffee makers?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by J3NN4 • May 7, 2014.

1. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    We have a Keurig, and it's a waste of money, plain and simple. The cups are too expensive, and I have yet to find a reusable cup that I can put my coffee in that doesn't leak all over the machine or leave grounds in the bottom of my cup. Actually, if someone could recommend one that doesn't leak, problem solved, I won't need another coffee maker. It's such a hassle using the reusable one because I can't enjoy my coffee, since I have to clean up the mess it made. I've tried 5-6 of them and they all leak.

The problem is, my mom loves the Keurig and refuses to go back to making coffee the proper way. So the only coffee maker we have now, is the Keurig. It is nice for heating up water, and I use that sometimes without making coffee, just to make hot chocolate or cider, but the coffee sucks. :(

Can anyone recommend something that is sort of like the Keurig, but you can use your own coffee without having to deal with those stupid cups?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You don't like Keurig? I loved it when I worked somewhere that had one. Keurigs are not for sale in my country otherwise i would probably have one at home. What I do have at home is a Dolce Gusto by Nestle, which is also a one cup system coffee maker. The coffee quality is pretty good quality, but it doesn't have as much variety to choose from like Keurig.

3. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    It's too much of a waste. A box of 12 K-cups cost around $10. I can get a whole tub of the coffee I usually drink for under $7, and that'll last way longer than 12 cups. I'm more looking for something I can just use regular Maxwell House with instead of relying on K-Cups. They produce a lot of waste, they're too expensive, and I still haven't found a coffee I really like. :(

4. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have a keuring and the cups are way to expensive. I do love the idea of the one cuppers though. You can save money by getting the reusable My K-cups that lets you brew your own coffee in Keurig machines. That means fresh coffee for a cheaper price. Some alternatives are the clever dipper or the aeropress.

5. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    I've tried these, that's why I'm looking for an alternative. All the ones I've tried leak all over the machine and leave grounds in the cup. What one do you use?

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw an ad for a machine called a flex brewer that allows a person to make one cup or a whole pot of coffee at a time. I don't know how good it is but it does give the ability to choose one cup or a whole pot. I am considering this option for myself.