Recommended Foundation?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by theaaa • Jul 12, 2012.

1. theaaa

theaaaNew Member

Threads:
    I have only started checking out cosmetics recently and I would like to know if you have any recommendations for foundation? I've tried using Covergirl's foundation and concealer, and these seem quite okay but I notice that my face sometimes turns grayish when I apply the foundation/concealer. I don't know why this happens.

I have normal/combination skin. Any suggestions on which brands I should try?

2. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    It doesn't matter what brand your foundation is, the important thing to consider is the color of the foundation, it should complement the color of your skin tone. Make sure you choose a foundation that doubles as sunscreen and with a respectable spf.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I actually really liked CoverGirl's "whipped" foundation. All their others had always been really heavy or like you said, would turn a slightly funky color. The whipped kind was really good, though. I'm not sure they have it still, but if they don't, finding the same textured stuff (it comes with a pump top instead of squeezing), is worth trying.

4. NikkiSplash

NikkiSplashNew Member

Threads:
    I use Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse. I have combination skin as well. It gives medium to full coverage, so if you have any acne, it well help you hide that. I use their sandy beige and it matches my skin pretty close to perfectly. I also top it off with their Dream Matte powder, otherwise it looks kind of shiny.