Record Stores

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by scottguy • Jun 4, 2014.

1. scottguy

scottguyNew Member

Threads:
    Do you still have local record stores? We have a few, but a lot of them are just CD stores with "records" in their names, which is kind of a letdown once you get inside the store and don't see any LPs. I personally love to listen to LPs but the unfortunate part about many record stores is that new records (as in contemporary music) are usually really exciting, so most of the time I just end up thumbing through the used LP's like I would at a regular thrift store. Still, occasionally I'll find a new record for a reasonable price (like $15) and will pick it up because it's so much nicer to buy it in-store than to order it online and risk the sleeve getting bent or damaged!

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, we still do have. But there are not that much as they used to be. I think I could only see one now. Nevertheless it's still always full. A lot of people are still going into it. I personally rarely go in there. I buy my music most on the internet if I can't find one for free.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never been to a record store that sold actual records, but I was around during the heyday of Tower Records and other stores like it, and they were very fun experiences for me and my friends. We used to hang out there for hours per day just listening to the different samples they had available and looking through the many physical albums, but like I said, unfortunately, vinyl was already long gone by the time these stores came to my city. We still have a few music stores now but they aren't selling solely music CDs anymore and instead they also carry DVDs/BluRays and a few other related products like headphones and karaoke microphones.