Recycling to save Money in your Home Office

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Zyni • Sep 28, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Instead of spending money for things like little notepads, recycle paper you have around The House to make your own scratch pads. If you have kids, you'll find that most schools hate trees. Just kidding, but they do send home a ton of paper. Why throw it away? Turn it over, cut it up into equal size pieces and staple a handful together. You now have instant notepads. All it will cost you is a couple of Staples. How's that for a bargain?

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Yup I agree with you. I once had this office chair that I really love but it got wrecked (not because I'm too fat to sit on it) and the screws just went flying off and some of the screws went stuck with the chair because of rust for some reason. So instead of throwing away $50 for cheaper chair I just took to the garage and did some "modification" and now it has a leg rest and mini table pad.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, everyone should be able to recycle, and should. It's not just for the money, but also for the environment. We just couldn't replace things and find no use with the previous ones and just to trash them somewhere. Our goal is to reduce the waste and make the most of our money without doing harm to the environment. Recycling helps us do this.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to repurpose items instead of throwing them out. If it can be used for something else why throw it in the trash. I take the containers that you make your salads in at the salad bar and use them for water catchers under my plants instead of throwin them in the trash. I also make note paper out of the papers the kids bring home from school if the other side of the paper can be printed on and I don't need to give the paper to some one I use it to print on.

5. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure how to do the recycling at the home office. We had to actually leave coins near machines to grab the attention of kids, whereas in the past we had to pay to use the Xerox. Nobody prints out anything anymore since the

. We don't use the copy machine as much either since scanners. The kids all have their school laptops and they, along with their gadgets, are constantly on energy saving mode. I totally agree that we need to recycle, but how? The problem is not just harmless paper products, but radiation-emitting office supplies. I guess we could re-purpose things. And then I think we also could auction them online.

#5Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We did is a lot back when I still used to use a lot of papers. Nowadays we hardly ever use any so we just try and recycle and save somewhere else. Broken paper clips for example, are often used for other things like tying up wires or we just use it to poke tight corners that would need it. There are also a few used clamps that have lost a bit of tension that we use on old food packages when they can't handle clamping down on massive amounts of paper anymore.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely notice that my daughter comes home with a lot of excess paper because her school prints every little announcement on copy paper. I've just flipped it over in the past and used the back side in my printer for things like recipes or coupons that I was going to print anyway. Sometimes when I have to mail something fragile, I shred used paper and junk mail in my document shredder and use it for packing material.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We recycle the paper in our office particularly the old manuals with crisp paper and still can be used. Particularly for a meeting (with a few participants), those recycled paper are good for drawing charts. My husband's office has the SOP to use recycled paper for internal communications. They have lots of movie scripts which have a digital copy so the hardcopies can be recycled.