Red Racks 50 Cent Sundays

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Tina122321 • Mar 12, 2016.

1. Tina122321

Tina122321Member

Threads:
    Red Racks is a chain of thrift stores that color codes their merchandise. Every Sunday they have a $0.50 sale on one of the colors in order to get rid of the extra merchandise. the profits go to charity so you can feel good about getting great deals. On Sundays they also have other colors that are 50% off or 25% off. Whatever color is 50% off will then be $0.50 the next Sunday. Whatever color is 25% off will then be 50% off the next Sunday. This can save you lots of money what deals are at your local thrift store?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think they do 20 percent off mark offs on certain days of the week. However, I don't go there often enough to know what that day is. There is a good, Goodwill store in town, that is well stocked, but I think their prices are a little high. I meant to go there yesterday, as I had some books to drop off but I decided I didn't feel like it. Next time I go in the store I will ask about the mark down day.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to shop a lot at Filene's Basement, which I believe is the store that started the graduated coded discount system. I liked that they if the items hadn't sold after having gone though the entire process, they would be donated. They were bought and sold a few times and eventually closed down, but I believe they're back open, although I don't know if they're under the same management. It seems there are items for sale online, although I'm not sure there are any actual brick and mortar stores open at this point.

I shop at Burke's Outlet sometimes, and they have a color coded system that functions somewhat similarly to the one Filene's Basement had. At Burke's, there's usually a good variety of discounts available, and their prices are low to start with, so I can usually find some good deals there.

4. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I've never heard of that store, so they must be for a different area, but Goodwill does the same thing. They pick a color tag every week and those items of that color are cheaper than they normally would be.

5. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    There are a couple of local thrift stores that I frequent that have these types of specials on their inventory. One has two colors that are 50% off for the week and changes every week. They also have specials on holidays which are additional savings to the color coded items. The other has 50% off everything in the store except 'new items' every Monday and also on holidays. It's difficult to find parking and once your parked you have to wait for a shopping cart to be returned or walk around the store with your arms full and not to mention the wait in line.

After a time the Goodwill stores here brought back the color coded tags and that's when the prices started increasing. They also have 10% off on Wednesdays for seniors.

6. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    @MrsJones@MrsJones
    I've seen a big hike in Goodwill prices here, too. They charge as much for used items as Walmart does for new ones.