Redbox Is Genius

Discussion in Product Reviews started by FatesWing • Mar 19, 2014.

1. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    For a very long time I was still adamant on going to Blockbuster as I still liked the actual experience of touching the movie I was thinking to rent and reading the cover and checking to see if the disc had scratches, etc. Then though, all of the Blockbuster stores in my area had "store closing" signs and well that experience came to a close. I was reluctant to give my card information to a machine like kiosk called Redbox but soon enough I tried it.
    I've had nothing but positive experiences using Redbox! I love the convenience of finding a kiosk and how checking out a movie is a pretty much hassle free process! Anyone else love Redbox?

2. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I love Redbox, however I do miss going into video stores. We used to go with my dad every Friday night and first out to dinner, then to Adventure Land! We got to pick out one kids movie and the adults picked out one adult movie ( well, not adult, but a movie for the grown ups lol). It was so much fun walking through the isles, searching for the perfect movie. The smell of over priced hot buttered popcorn popping and the over priced candy, it was great! I am sad I won't get to do that with my kids.

3. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    I am a fellow Redbox lover. Redbox is a great concept that makes getting a movie quicker, easier, and oftentimes cheaper. Anytime I want to see a recently released movie I go online to check if any of my local Redboxes has it in stock. They often do and then it's just a quick five minute drive to get my movie. However, I dislike that Redbox only has very new movies and if I want to see an older film I have to go online or actually buy the DVD. I used to use Netflix's DVD system but quit once it became more expensive.

4. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I like Redbox as well, so far I haven't had any issues with the wrong DVD coming out or the wrong one coming in the box I ordered.
    I've heard a few people have had his issue and it can be a hassle.
    I do miss walking around the video store though, just browsing through the movies.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What I love best about Redbox is that you can rent your movie and return it anywhere. How's that for convenience?
    And the great thing is they're getting on to the streaming biz.
    They keep getting better and better.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I very rarely use Redbox at this point, but I think it's a great idea. I just don't get out of the house often, so while it's convenient to pick them up, I end up forgetting to drop them back off in time, lol. That's my own fault, though!

Nowadays, I mostly watch movies online, so I may watch through a service like Netflix or I'll rent ones individually through iTunes, Amazon, etc.

7. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    RedBox is awesome! Only 1.50 for newer rentals that you can't find on any streaming sites is the reason I use RedBox. I like it especially because I can grab the blu ray versions and have the best quality on my expensive equipment. Dat uncompressed audio and 1080p perfection.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Redbox too. There was a time where I was having financial problems and didn't have money for cable TV or a converter box. Redbox provided some cheap entertainment during that time period and kept us sane. I also like that they rent games now because it lets my daughter play newer games without me spending $59.99 on them. There are 2 Redbox kiosks at my local Walmart and there's usually a line in front of them on Friday nights.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't used it myself, but I have looked it up and seen videos online of people using their machines, and I agree that they do seem pretty nifty. I don't think their system can last for much longer, though, since we'd probably be getting a lot more of our content digitally in the next few years and having to return discs will just seem less and less practical as technology progresses. Like I said, however, it's still great that it exists, definitely, as there is a sense of charm and novelty with getting physical copies of media, and I guess this is the next best thing we'll have to actual video stores that have since then become obsolete.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also like the ability to return the movie at any Kiosk you go by.

11. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    Redbox is great. Not only do you have the low prices for having a fully HD movie without any hiccups or buffering, but if you look around you can always find codes for free rentals. You really can't beat their model.

12. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I love redbox also. I don't really use those kiosk machines anymore because they have a way that you can watch movies online. It is kind of like Netflix but with more up to date options to choose from. You do have to pay for each movie you watch though but you can find some good deals.

13. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm surprised that anyone still uses these, to be honest. I think the idea was fine maybe 10-15 years ago, but considering how just about every movie you could possibly want to see is easily available online both legally and illegally, I don't see the purpose of driving over to one of these RedBox devices just to rent a movie. In addition, they typically have a very limited selection - which wouldn't work out well with my viewing interests. I tend to watch a lot of low budget b-movie horror flicks and other obscure underground films, which would probably not be included due to the limited space in the machines.

There was, however, one of these machines in one of the apartments I lived in, which would probably make more sense since that would be a lot more convenient.

14. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I used RedBox for a short time. I went back to Netflix dvd's as well as streaming. It is the only place that offers the series's I love like SG1, and so on. Hulu offers some, but I was already with Netflix streaming. It's way better than having to buy hundreds of dollars in all the boxed sets.

15. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    I love Redbox, but I do not use it anymore. I have moved onto Netflix and actually enjoy it very much.

I miss video stores. I miss seeing such a huge selection to choose from and spending tons of time searching.

16. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    We just started using Redbox this weekend. We had a really good experience using them, except that the box was broken when we returned to put the movies back. It wasn't that big of a deal, we drove down the road a few minutes and there was another one, but at the time the McDonalds that hosted the system didn't really have any answer for me, so that was kind of an annoying several minutes.

Now that I've used it, I'm definitely going to use it again.

17. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I don't miss Blockbuster the company. They were greedy and ignorant to the atmosphere of video renting/their own customers. I do miss some of the employees. I have no idea why some of them would work there because, Lord knows, they were not being paid appropriately. The experience of going in there and talking smack about big budget movies and finding low budget gems was a great time.