Refilling printer HP ink cartridges

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Theo • Sep 7, 2014.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This can be a messy process, but I have done it with an ink refilling kit complete with syringes. It worked really well and saved me a lot of money with my Canon, but I bought a HP and it's not working as HP have some kind of chip that tells the computer it is a fake one or has been refilled and won't register.

Are there any tips to get around the error message and bypass it? The stores sell generic cartridges for the HP, but again they don't work, so am happy to hear of any experiences to save on printer ink!

Thanks

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a 3-in-1 HP Printer before. At first, I did not print in bulk so I was content with purchasing a new ink cartridge every time my ink ran out. But when I started printing in bulk, the ink cost troubled me. That's when I started to search the internet on how to use cheap ink on my HP printer. I also bought a refill kit for HP with syringes too. The idea is to inject ink very very slowly into one of the holes on top of the cartridge. Then after filling the cartridge with ink, you should suck some of the ink out (using another device from the kit. I call it the sucker. :p ) This system worked for me for about a year. But then my HP printer gave up and it no longer worked. I bought a new one of course. A printer that would easily be refilled. Currently, I am using an Epson L110 printer. It's very easy to refill and the ink is very cheap.

3. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I have heard that Epson refillable cartridges are found on eBay, so I think if my HP printer breaks, Epson will be my next choice. Also, I have brought one of those cheap refill kits from Tesco today, and tried refilling one of the cartridges. I found that you have to slowly inject the ink into the holes on the top of the cartridge, until some ink slowly drips out the bottom, you then wait and soak up the leaking ink, until the leak stops. You then replace the cartridge. However, the HP ink cartridge did have a chip inside telling the printer that the cartridge is empty, even though it isn't. After a bit of online research, if you put another ink cartridge in, turn the printer on and then off again, and put in the refilled cartridge, the chip gets reset and the cartridge works again!

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I over filled as it leaked, so I must fill slowly and find a sucker or just draw some out again with a syringe. I will try it, but it is an operation as the color one has gone too! I have refill kits for both, but my Canon was so easy to refill versus the HP. I will not buy HP again for this reason!

I did all the tricks, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't! Finger crossed, with plastic gloves on of course.