Refrigerator water filter

Discussion in Make a Specific Deal/Coupon Request started by dissn_it • Jun 3, 2012.

1. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We have a Kenmore refrigerator that has the built in ice maker and water dispenser. The filter indicator show that we will need to replace it soon. I know these filters can be kind of expensive so I am wondering if anyone knows of ways to save money on purchasing them. If we order one through Sears, it is over $50. Any suggestions?

2. TheCause

TheCauseBanned

Threads:
    Give this site a shot:

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks much!
    This looks like a good website to find coupons on lots of other things, too. I'll see what I can find for the fridge filter on it as soon as I get the filter model number. Appreciate the help!

4. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I am not sure if you rent of buy but in my apartment complex they maintenence department takes care of replacing that filter because its an appliance that comes with the apartment. I don't have to worry about our filter because of this but again I rent so I don't know if that applies to you

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip but unfortunately we no longer rent. We just purchased our first home last fall and bought the refrigerator on a Black Friday special. We got it for about half price but now it seems that we will be paying a lot for the dang water filters.

6. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    I use "fitlerfast", an online company. They are usually the cheapest and if you register with them for periodical shipment (like yearly) they will give you an extra discount.

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds good to me. We will probably have to replace the darn thing more than once a year so that would not be a problem. I'll go check out the filterfast website. Thanks a bunch!