Refurbished Mac

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by kofter128 • May 6, 2015.

1. kofter128

kofter128New Member

Threads:
    Hey guys! I would like to ask if any of you have ever bought a refurbished Apple laptop from the official site, and if yes, in what condition did you recieve it? How good did the Apple team do with refurbishing the device itself, and are there any cosmetical or functional damages that you noticed? I'm asking because I'm looking to buy one for myself and need to know if they are good. :)

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    The laptop I had before this one was a refurbished Macbook Pro, and I was able to run it for eight years (plus some out-of-warranty repairs, full disclosure). This was ages ago but I do remember it looked brand-new straight out of the box, I wouldn’t have even known it was refurbished if I hadn’t ordered it myself haha. Aside from the repairs I had good luck with that laptop, so I’d totally recommend a refurbished model.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apple is, without a doubt, one of the better companies when it comes to refurbishing its devices. Apple Refurbished often means a device has received a new battery, new charging cable, and has been inspected or repaired to ensure like new condition and performance out of the box. A lot of other companies sell terrible "refurbished" items, but Apple is not one of them.

4. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did not myself, but having some experience with refurbishing, especially from the official companies, I'd say go for it. They have a pretty tight quality control, and they usually give pretty good warranty on the units. Also, refurbished does not necrssarily mean it was broken, so.. :)