Refurbished MacBook Pro 15''?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by pklatonja • May 13, 2014.

1. pklatonja

pklatonjaNew Member

Threads:
    Hey guys, I am new to the forum and new to shopping on discounts. I was looking for a new laptop for my photography and videography business and it came down to the Macbook. And I saw they have like 400$ cheaper refurb of the laptop I want, but I am a bit sceptical about buying something used and refurbished. Has anybody had any experience with refurbished Apple products, especially Macbooks?

2. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a refurbished mac mini before and i still have it to this day. I think that there is nothing wrong with getting something that is refurbished as long as you get it from a reputable source. I think that the only thing that you should be aware of is that a lot of mac products tend to break or establish faults from nowhere after a few years of solid consistent use. Apart from that refurbished goods are still pretty good.

3. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    I bought a refurbished 14" Macbook a few years ago off ebay. The vendor was reputable and I got a great price (relatively speaking).

Now the thing I noticed was that there were a few issues, firstly a few keys just didn't work properly when you press them lightly (you'd need to really hammer them for the laptop to register). I imagine the previous owner must have done a lot of typing in the past and just worn them out.

The cost to get this fixed by Apple was very expensive but I managed to get the vendor to send me a replacement keyboard for myself to fix.

The second thing was the OS, all I got was a spare copy burned onto a CD - no sign of license etc. I'm not sure what would happen if I need to do a full reinstall in the future.