Regular 2% Milk Vs. Lactose Free Milk

Discussion in Product Reviews started by MyPoesies • Oct 15, 2015.

1. MyPoesies

MyPoesiesMember

Threads:
    Figuring out you're lactose intolerant when you're just now 20 years old was a little heart breaking for me. A lot of my favorite foods and drinks contain lactose like MILK. I love milk lol. Any dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc) is off the list for me. Even instant mashed potatoes has lactose in it.

Between Regular 2% Milk and Lactose free milk, the taste would have to go towards the lactose free milk for me. Weird, right? I think lactose free milk is a lot more creamier. Other than that, there's really not that much of a difference which helps people who discover they're lactose intolerant transition better when it comes to milk.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hope to God I don't have any allergies to lactose, because I love milk and Greek Yogurt and would have a really hard tome not having any.
    As you mentioned, there is lactose free milk nowadays, but I would rather stick to my low fat regular milk!

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I would agree that its quite surprising just how many products contain hidden lactose or whey these days - and although I fortunately didn't have to go through the same process as you - having been lactose intolerant - as well as allergic to all dairy products from birth - I can relate to what you are currently experiencing.

Which is why I would just say - that although being lactose intolerant can be a little restricting when eating out or buying pre-made foods - there really is no reason why you should stop enjoying some of the foods that you were eating previously - especially as - apart from the lactose free milk already mentioned - there are plenty more lactose free alternatives - for example - soy, coconut, almond, oat or rice milk - are all excellent substitutes and well worth trying too.

Or better still - as it has been found that some people with lactose intolerance - can tolerate cheese or yogurt made from either - goat, sheep or buffalo milk - it may well be investigating those too - particularly as there are now a huge number of deliciously tasty goat, sheep and buffalo milk cheeses available.

4. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    I have had both types of milk and I really can't tll the difference. The big difference for me is that it is good for lactose intolerance and the price. I don't understand why the things that are better for you always has to cost so much. You would think they would cost less and then more people would buy them.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I really liked the taste of regular homogenized milk. It's so creamy. When my kids were little that's all we would buy and my husband loved drinking. Then when my kids got older we started to buy 2% milk. I never buy skim or 1%, just not enough creaminess and too watery to call it milk. Plus it's just lousy in tea or coffee. I'll treat the family and whipping cream in their hot chocolate.

6. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    Can you think of another species that drinks milk for their entire lives? Me niether. Same for most human beings. Almost every human's intestines stop producing lactase in their 20's or earlier. There are a select few cultures that have had chronic dairy consumption for enough generations to have developed what is called "lactase persistence" (human body continually producing lactace into adulthood).

A good 90% of the human race is "lactose intolerant" by age 25.
    Pretending lactose intolerance is some sort of disease or something is just another example of an Ametican myth/misunderstanding of the US populace that is exploited by the wealthy few for economic gain.

Thanks for reading! :)