Regular, or electric toothbrush?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by AB91000 • Apr 8, 2014.

1. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    What kind of toothbrush do you use? Regular, or Electric?

Personally. I use a regular toothbrush. I feel like they get the job one better. They are not the bulky so i can reach every crease, and crevice in my mouth. That is extremely important because germs are everywhere in there.

I do not like Electric toothbrushes. I honestly think they are a gimmick. Sometimes they are too bulky to reach the back of mouth, and the spinning motion is useless. Buying an Electric toothbrush was a waste of $5.

What kind of toothbrush do you use?

2. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I like regular toothbrushes. When I was younger, I would go crazy for the electric ones, but now they just irritate me. They spin fast and create an obnoxious noise, I don't like it. I agree, $5 is a big waste of money, I could buy around 20 regular toothbrushes for that same price. And yes, I use a regular toothbrush.

3. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I tried electric toothbrushes when I was a kid once. I thought they were cool for a while. Now they just seem too rough and don't know if there's any advantage to them. I like normal tooth brushes with soft bristles. Besides that, I'm not too picky about them.

4. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with you.

Electric toothbrushes suck. I only use regular toothbrushes now. I must admit i did try an electric toothbrush when they first came out. I quickly found out how stupid of an idea it actually was. I could not get to my back teeth because the handle was too big.

The spin didn't have enough pressure to do any real cleaning. A total waste of money.

5. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    It was recommended that I try an electric one about two years ago (by my Dentist). I spent the money on it.

I used it regularly for about 6 months, but found that my teeth became irritated. I now rotate between a traditional tooth brush (that I switch out every couple of months) and my electric so that I have more comfort.

I need to get new heads for my electric.

6. Rusky

RuskyMember

Threads:
    I've been using electric for quite a while, unless I forget to buy heads for it, and then I'll grab a cheap one and use it for a while until I remember to buy some heads for the electric. Never had a problem with it irritating my gums or anything, so I can't offer any help there I'm afraid.

7. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    I used to use a normal toothbrush, but I was converted to the electric camp a few years ago. Personally I found that it did a better job of cleaning my teeth, but I think the frequency with which you brush is a lot more important than what kind of brush you're using! I would be fine switching back.

8. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Had an electric toothbrush once but the thing had charger issues and each morning I was unable to use it properly since it had no power :mad: Now I'm doing perfectly fine with a regular toothbrush and also saving money by not buying the gimmicky one. As for which one is better, I see no difference. With proper brushing technique and regular usage you can do just fine with a regular toothbrush in my opinion.

9. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Years ago, I had an electric toothbrush that also had a head with a flosser on it. I though it was cool but I went through the floss heads really fast and they irritated my gums a lot. I think it's really a matter of personal preference, but I prefer a high quality manual toothbrush, like the Oral B.

10. TereWeaver

TereWeaverNew Member

Threads:
    I go for Electric Toothbrush. But if you choose this. Learn how to clean an electric toothbrush. By using your electric toothbrush properly and taking care of it, you can be sure to get the longest life out of it.

11. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have always used regular toothbrushes. Somehow the idea of not being abke to control the strokes of my brushing just never appealed to me.

With regular brush I can control the movements depth and number of strokes. I feel it does a better job and it's cheaper too. Besides electric brushes operate on batteries that might give me an extra cost.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    For many years I used the normal toothbrushes, but after I started using the electric toothbrushes... It was love the first brushed. :p

They are so practical and always reach places in our mouths that normal brushes can't reach (and obviously this is a good thing).

Electric toothbrushes are amazing and worth every penny. ;)

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    If I were to be offered electric toothbrush at no charge I am not sure I'll still be able to use that. The fact is I am questioning how thorough they can actually keep the mouth and teeth clean.Well in a nutshell I'll go for the regular toothbrush, this I am sure to give a better wash with a brighter smile. I can manoeuvre the washing of my teeth and mouth better with the regular manual toothbrush.

14. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I won in a raffle a pair of electric toothbrush last year in one gathering of scriptwriters. The box was pretty big such that I assumed it is expensive. When I checked in the Internet, the cost of that set of electric toothbrush is $100. Gee, that's a treasure. You can guess that we didn't use it and just waited for an opportunity to make good use of it. Before the end of the year, my wife stood as sponsor to a wedding. That's it. Instead of buying a gift, that electric tootbrush had served a good purpose.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I asked my dentist which is better for brushing my teeth he said get an electric toothbrush it cleans better. I love my Ortal B rotating toothbrush and I buy soft bristles so I can clean all of my mouth even the tongue with my electric toothbrush. I checked with the ADA page and they suggest getting Oral B soft bristles. I have had very good check ups since getting my electric toothbrush so I feel it's worth having an electric toothbrush. I buy them on sale at CVS to save me money.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have yet to buy an electric toothbrush although I have thought about buying one for sometime now. I think it's the cost factor of replacement that stops me every time besides my regular toothbrushes are doing just fine for me so the idea of going for an electric toothbrush hasn't materialized so far.

17. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Any type of toothbrush for me doesn't matter for it cleans my teeth and gum. It makes my mouth fresh after brushing it. However as to its handedness, toothbrush may have different easiness of usage and its functionality. Manual tootbrush works naturally to the will of its user. Electric toothbrush works as it is turned and it does its cleaning faster.

How I wish I could have an electric one for I have never ever used it. Or if I'd probably on the time I visited my dentist to clean my teeth. It saves effort and time as compared to the manual one. However, there is a big difference as to its cost. It's expensive than that of regular toothbrush.

18. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I never used an electronic toothbrush, not even once. At first, I thought the idea was cool, having an electronic toothbrush can be really helpful in cleaning your teeth. I even thought that it's the same as the one that I see in the dentist clinic but it's different. I've been using a regular toothbrush and I'm happy with it. Had no complaints as long as I buy the one with soft bristles as it won't hurt my gums :) It's pretty much cheaper as well compared to the electronic one.

19. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I once bought an electric toothbrush for my son to encourage him to brush his teeth without being told. It worked for a time but the novelty quickly wore of and he soon found it too big and heavy for his hands. I've never tried using an electric toothbrush and I prefer to use a regular toothbrush with angled bristles because it's easier to control and allows me to reach the back teeth easily. Besides that, it's a lot cheaper compared to the electric version.

20. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Since the beginning of time, I am using a regular toothbrush. I feel it is handy and comfortable and also it is affordable. I feel like it cleans well and gets rid of germs easily. And also I feel like I have brushed my teeth with it. :)