reinvigorating pet toys

Discussion in Pets started by Feneth • Dec 25, 2014.

1. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    Those stuffed dog toys that my dog loves to death are so expensive for the amount of time it takes him to kill them and spread the stuffing all over the floor. I have been guilty of stuffing the stuffing and any still functional squeakers back inside to reinvigorate the toy for him. Recently though, I found that I can buy stuffing and squeakers really inexpensively so I've learned to sew just enough to turn scrap Fabric into toys. The dog doesn't care if it's pretty and I'm saving the weekly cost of new stuffed critters.

Does anyone else try to revive toys their dog has killed? Or have you gotten crafty to save money on them?

2. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Candy, my Bangkeaw, doesn't do stuffed toys. She would chew on the metal grill of the front door. She would chew on her stainless steel chain if I don't keep it out of reach. Good thing she has not developed a taste for table legs. So, after trying out many possibilities, I found out that I could keep her entertained with a coconut. I mean a whole coconut. It takes her a few days to finish dehusking it.