Remanufactured ink and toner cartridges.

Discussion in Office Supplies started by justusforus • Dec 26, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy the name brand new ink and toner refills. I have since found that you can save a lot using the remanufactured/refilled ones. The only thing I have learned is to check the page yield and compare to the price of new ones. What do you think?

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    The toner cartridges costs are skyrocketing . In my workplace we use refilled and remanufactured supplies and by the time we did not have any problem. True, at times the print quality is lower , but the isn't notable differences . However there is a point at which we find a great difference : the cost .

Buy original cartridges isn't the only option when you want quality and affordable prices on toner cartridges for your printer, and you should seriously consider purchasing compatible cartridges. These compatible cartridges are new and certified quality, and have been specifically designed for your printer model and can save up to 80% in costs compared with an original cartridge. When it comes to affordable prices without compromising quality remanufactured toner cartridges are another great option. These are made ​​from pieces of used toner cartridges , these pieces are rehabilitated and and become part of a new cartridge, fully functional.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an older printer from 2004. To buy brand name cartridges for it would cost me $50. Buying remanufactured cartridges on Amazon costs me like $10. It was an easy decision to start using remanufactured ink.
    The printouts aren't photo quality, but I'm just printing coupons and documents so cheap ink works for what I need and I haven't really had any problems.

4. kavoric

kavoricNew Member

Threads:
    So this remanufactured ink cartridge, would the quality be slightly different from brand name ink? Not that it matters, but is there a big difference?

5. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I also use refilled cartridges on my printer, I just take my empty ones to a shop that does this and exchange them for refilled ones for much much cheaper than it would cost me to buy new ones.
    The new brand name ones are so expensive that I've heard people say that's it's just cheaper to buy a new printer! It makes no sense.

6. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    When I have bought a remanufactured toner cartridge, the quality of the print was perfectly fine. I have heard the same about ink cartridges...as I did post though sometimes it seems they dont refill them as much and the page yield is less. Sometimes it is significantly less, so it may not end up a bargain.

7. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    I but re manufactured toner and inkjet cartridges and I can't see any difference from the more expensive OEM options. My HP printer pops up a little message stating that a non-HP toner cartridge was installed, but it still works.

8. Adrean J

Adrean JNew Member

Threads:
    I am happy to have stopped by this post and see some positive reactions to refilled cartridges. I have been contemplating using them for my small business, but had only gotten negative feedback about them. Most the feedback I found was on Amazon, and I'm thinking it might have just been those particular sellers. I am definitely thinking of trying this locally now, so maybe I can save a little money. I currently have to pay $40 for my ink cartridges and I would love to cut that in half.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that refilled cartridges are great because they can be half price than the brand ones and we can print with similar quality. Unless we have a very specific need I think refilled ones are just fine.

10. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Back in the day, I used to buy the ink refill kits. Target and similar stores sold them infrequently and the results were mixed. They took a steady hand and a little preparation but a decent buy.
    Now, I just buy store brands.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have in the past purchased the self serve refill kits, what a mess. I now get the store brand compatible cartridge for my printer. There is an online site that has the price of the cartridges lower than the store brands. I use a lot of ink and look for more cost efficient ink for my printer.

12. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the type that you buy. If you buy fake ones, it may end up damaging your printer. Also, based on experience, the quality is not as good as the original ones. If you are just printing things which are really not that important, it may be ok to use those remanufactured cartridges.

I've also heard of so-called continuous ink where they would attach bottles of ink to the side of the printer and then it flows through a tube. Some of my friends use it already and they say it lasts for a long time and the ink bottles are really cheap. I wonder where I can have this done.