Reminder To Credit Score Builders

Discussion in Credit Cards started by Gavin • Mar 4, 2015.

1. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    How do you improve your credit score.

To start with a credit score is simply a number that shows your risk where creditors are concerned. In other words your interest rate for a credit card, home loan, car loan etc will be affected by your number.

Simple rules to follow to get your credit score established or up is the following:

The age of your credit history. As you go through out time, the longer you have accounts open, paid in good standing and no holds or complaints against you by companies you're going to enjoy a good score.

Number of accounts: If you have a lot of unsecure debt it will affect your score. Having car loans or home loans typically won't hurt the report but having 14 loans at once. Yep that's a problem

Payment on time: Make sure you pay everything on time. Seriously this will build up everything so fast you won't have a problem.

Credit Report: Make sure to take advantage of your free credit reports and doing these things will get you to where you need to be. Its a marathon not a sprint.

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    These are some great tips. I have been working very hard to pay my bills on time and I just found out that my credit score raised by 4 points this month. It is not much, but it does show that paying your bills and keeping yourself on track really does work to your favor. I now keep a white board on my refrigerator and make a note whenever I pay a bill, this way I can track my progress and make sure that I have not forgotten to pay anything.