Rent Movies, Streaming Or Physical?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by eagletal88 • Jan 19, 2015.

1. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Which renting method do you prefer, streaming from sites like Amazon prime, or you do you prefer renting movies from Red Box and such?

Obviously, Red Box is cheaper, (as long as you get it returned by the due date) but I like the convenience of just streaming a movie at home. I rarely ever buy a movie dvd so the cost of streaming a movie isn't too steep.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not because renting is so old school to me or that I'm a cheapskate I cannot afford to buy physical copies, I just think it's more convenient to stream a movie online. I can even download them at torrent sites. When I have enough extra money to dispose of, of course I'd buy original DVD copies of my favorite movies and TV series.

3. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I'd rather stream. It's just so simple, and I don't have to be as decisive. I don't know if anybody really rents physical copies of anything anymore, unless it's the library I guess. I would only buy a physical if it's a movie or show that I really loved. I know that I will watch it a bunch of times that way.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't rent movies, or stream them. I like to download any movies that I watch, or just go to the cinema to see them. I mostly just download them from the internet though. I don't like to stream because sometimes the buffering is sucky, and there is nothing worse than a movie pausing every five minutes because it is buffering.

Also, if my internet connection decides to die at any given moment, I am screwed. So I like to just have the full movie downloaded, and that way I can watch it if I want to - forward or rewind it without having to worry about the buffering.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I stopped buying physical copies of DVDs five years ago, but I still rent or buy Blu-rays from time to time. Most of the time now, I either save to go to the theaters to see the movies I believe will be worthwhile or stream movies from online sites. I've only rented from Redbox movies a few times since it was made available, but it became too much of a nuisance due to me forgetting to return movies in time and having to pay overdue charges.

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I either watch it at the movies or just download them online and save them to my computer. I sometimes watch movies on YouTube but I prefer having it stored in my computer first before I watch it. I also no longer get physical copies of movies as I no longer want to store CDs at home. They take up some space that could be used for something else.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have Amazon Instant Video andNetflix; so we just stream any movies that we want to watch.
    Often times, my husband and I will each watch separate movies or programs, using the iPads and headphones. If we are both watching the same thing; then we stream it onto the television through the Apple TV.
    We never go to movies, and never rent any either; don't even have a DVD player to watch them with if we did rent them.
    If it is a movie that we really like, and it is not free to watch, then we usually buy it so we can watch anytime we want to.

8. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'd definitely go for streaming. Nowadays, we all have easy access to pretty much any movies/music we love online so why not take advantage of it. I don't remember the last time i rented/bought physical copies to be honest. Streaming is more convenient as well.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer buying used then swapping the movies with friends. It's much, much cheaper in the long run. This can only save you a decent amount of money only if you have a number of friends who also buy movies. Out here we have a Movie Club of sorts. We normally meet or chat online once in a while, select movies we'll buy and once we get them, [you] watch the movie you bought hand it to the next person in line. It goes on until we watch all the DVDs [we] bought and buy new [uh. . . used] ones.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I couldn't tell you the last time that I actually purchased a physical copy of a movie. Apart from not having the money to waste on such 'luxuries,' I just don't see the point of purchasing movies when they are on the internet, available either to download in or streaming form. Unless the movies are children's movies for the kids, like Frozen. The kids love to come home from school and find new movies on their beds, waiting for them.

11. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know the last time I rented a movie! I have a neighbor who likes to use Red Box, but I don't want to have to bring the movie back the next day. It's one thing if I am already going to the store, but to make a special trip... I like Netflix.

12. MLNewkirk

MLNewkirkNew Member

Threads:
    These days I tend to stream free movies from Netflix just because of convenience and obviously because it's free. But I used to be a huge Red Box renter. I don't own very many DVDs. Most of them have been gifts or if I did purchase them they are movies that I can't live without like Mary Poppins or Wizard of Oz.

13. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually prefer to stream movies that are quite good. It is quite cheap and I totally love the movies. I do not think there is any other way of doing it.