Renting Audio Books from the Library

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Pat • Sep 27, 2013.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is possible to rent an audio book from the Library online using Digital Download. I have used the online system several times to listen to an audio book. The list of books is a bit limited but I do find many of the books I like on the system. The rental time is 10 days which I find is more than long enough to listen to a book. The system works on the pc, tablet and cell phone.

I use the system at least once a month to listen to a book instead of going to the library to get a book.The book can be an ebook also.

2. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I love getting ebooks and audiobooks from the library. When I first got my Kindle I didn't know I could get books from the library. I'm so glad I figured that out! I love reading and listening to books but I surely don't have the money to buy all the books that I want to read. It is unfortunate that there aren't all that many titles available at the library in comparison to physical books, but that will change as time goes on. The technology is still fairly new. As more and more people get eReaders then the libraries will get more titles.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They definitely will or are they afraid of something?

For them to call it 'renting' is still incomprehensible to me. Are you guys telling me that you can't record the audio-book [using some software] and keep it forever if you please?

4. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have not come across renting audio book or eBook service online before, I am not sure if this is available in my country or it is open for everyone worldwide. It would be nice if I have access to such service and can find the audio book or eBook I would like to read. I guess it's just like we borrow a book from the library, after we read it, then we will just return it to the library. Well, perhaps there might also be some people who figured out ways to make a copy of the book and own it forever.

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Audible seems to be good option for those who want to rent the audio books. You can see that renting those audio library are something many people are doing over the years. I'd say that in terms of the content it can be good enough in many ways. And it can be also good without having to stress your brain and eyes. So Audio content is lot better on that side. I'd surely be thinking about it in that context.