Requesting Coupons?

Discussion in Coupons started by Rosyrain • Mar 29, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I will email the manufacturers of my favorite brands and ask for coupons if I have not seen any for their product in a while. They are usually good at sending them to me, and they are good coupons. Sometimes I will receive multiple coupons for different products that they also sell. Do any of you do this?

2. juulicob

juulicobNew Member

Threads:
    My sister does this too with successful results. I have been meaning to email my favorite brands as well. Especially for daily necessities; it becomes redundant to keep buying and restocking the same products at the same price. It would be nice to find in the newspapers and weekly circulars the exact products I need! It's fun to learn about other items from your favorite brand also, so I would certainly find it beneficial to email the company directly.

Rosyrain, which companies have you recently had success with in receiving coupons? Just curious :)

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The sunday paper use to have a really good selection of coupons but now I think the ones we get on sunday are crap. I would not have thought of contacting the company and asking for a coupon, that is something I will be doing in the future so that I can get some savings on things I am always purchasing like personal items.

4. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I heard people say that they have done this but I've never tried. One time I had a issue with a company and emailed them and they sent me a ton of coupons. They sent so many that, when I used them the cashier was suspicious.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    The coupons you get directly from the manufacturer are generally really good and have far out expiration dates so that you don't have to rush out to the store to buy the product. Sometimes they will even send me multiple coupons for the same product or different products, so it is well worth the effort to contact them.

6. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't done this recently but spent a day doing this a couple years ago. I got really great results with it. I know Starkist tuna and Always sanitary pads were two I was successful with, do not remember the others.
    I guess it was about a 90% success rate. I explained I was a stay at home mom at that time and had low income but really loved those brands and was loyal to them so I wanted to continue to purchase them even while I was struggling temporarily and they were very obliging and kind and sent coupons and responses quickly. I suppose they are happy about the brand loyalty.

7. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I hear of people who do this ALL the time and always get something from the company. I really need to give it a try, why pay full price for something if the company will send you a coupon. I have a friend who rarely ever pays full price for anything, she has coupons sent to her from every brand of anything she ever buys.

8. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    Hell yes! It is a great idea to this, not only are you telling the company you love their product, they will reward you for your loyalty too! My mum does this all of the time and occasionally she gets lucky and gets sent the product in return for her feedback! That is rare, but always worth a shot to save some money.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I think ti's a great idea, but I've never done it myself. I just don't really have the time for it. If I sat down all at once and wrote up several requests, though, I think it would be worthwhile.

10. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I found a link once that provided a list of companies that if you email them directly they will send you coupons and free products. I cant find it right now but as soon as I find the link I will post it. I know chapmans is on the list and if you email them explaining that you love their product and would to receive coupons they will send you one for I believe $5.00 off your next purchase and since their products are roughly that much, it usually means you get it free.

11. Stephanie Y.

Stephanie Y.New Member

Threads:
    This is something I have to do. I see many coupons for stuff I don't need nor use. In this case I would be getting coupons for things I enjoy using. I have sent an email to a frozen pizza company with a concern, not a complaint, a concern. They did send me 5 coupons that were for the value of the pizza. Plus I do believe I used one during a buy one get on free. I will have to try your suggestion of emailing them to request them.

12. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I have never thought to ask for coupons directly to the manufacturer, but believing that I could bet some on them from Facebook and, certainly, most brands have social media presence nowadays and may hand out some coupons in their social profiles, but I think this is like to be done when an advertising campaigns claims for it, and therefore you may spend long weeks or months waiting for the next coupons without any coming out.

However I will try to get some from those brands I like and would like to have coupons. Thanks for the idea.

13. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    It is hit or miss for me with the frequency in which I contact the company to request coupons. I am a busy person and do not always have time to log on to each individual site to ask for coupons. It really is worth taking the time to do it when you can because they almost always are willing to send you something for taking the time to write to them. It is especially nice when you can get the coupon from the company, use it when the item is on sale at the grocery store, and even have in store coupons for a percentage off of your shopping trip.

14. AutumnFall

AutumnFallMember

Threads:
    I've always wanted to do something like this but never had a chance to. Now, since I have more free time and I'm starting to coupon again, I will definitely try this out with companies that manufacture my favorite products! :)

From a quick Google search, I found two websites with a list that has coupon friendly companies:

I know they are from a few years back but I'm positive most companies will still give you coupons or other freebies.