Resident Evil Remake

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by troutski • Aug 19, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, Capcom is remaking a remake for some stupid reason. They're remaking the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil 1, which was a great game, for sure. It doesn't make sense to remake a game for a second time with nothing more than updated graphics and a slightly modified (although still uncontrollable) camera. Capcom would have done better rebuilding the game from the ground up or giving us a remake that we've all been clamoring for: Resident Evil 2. What are your thoughts?

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Game developers are taking the easiest way possible with remakes these days. Like Square for instance. They haven't remade any Final Fantasy titles on the PS1 but they have remade Final Fantasy X.

Probably Capcom went for Resident Evil 1 because it's easier to remake than those games that are a lot older.

I would have liked RE 2 or 3 be remade. Those games are very good especially RE 2.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I already played most of the Resident Evil games but a remake sounds great. Still, I'd rather not pay full price for this re-release. If they offer some kind of discount for people that already purchased the RE games, that would be awesome. After all, it's not like they're building a new game from the ground up.

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    It's actually a good idea for this remake. It was a Nintendo exclusive game when it was released and many people wanted to play but didn't own a Nintendo console. I think it's also a great way to gauge gamers' preference for old school survival horror. The recent RE games are just action shooters so it's nice to see it goes back to its roots. Maybe if it does well, future RE games will return to actual survival horror with new mechanics.