Restaurant Coupons

Discussion in Coupons started by LindaKay • Apr 27, 2014.

1. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone here use restaurant coupons?

We get Ruby Tuesday coupons and sometimes use them. We don't go there often, but it is one of our favorite restaurants. We used to go there once a week, but now that only one of us is working, that isn't really an option anymore.

We used to get Hardee's coupons and would sometimes use them too, but I try to avoid fast food now when I can.

Does anyone else often get restaurant coupons and use them? Do any of you have any tips for finding good restaurant coupons?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I use them occasionally, but I don't go out very often either, so coupons get used even less frequently.

My best tip is to actually subscribe to sites like Groupon and Living Social, and then keep an eye out for restaurants you enjoy in your area or would like to try. You can get some really good deals and explore new restaurants at the same time.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, my area is too small for there to be any deals on Groupon. I might have to check out Living Social to see what is out there. Or perhaps Groupon offers deals for chains that might be in my area? It's a medium-sized city with plenty of places to eat and shop, but there isn't actually a section on Groupon for it.

Another good idea is to sign up for e-mail newsletters for your favorite restaurants. They let you know about deals and coupons, and they sometimes send you free coupons and stuff on your birthday.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Ah yes, signing up for their newsletters is definitely a good idea. It can be annoying when a chain will send out constant e-blasts, but it's also a great way to keep up on their current specials and deals.

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I don't even notice the constant barrage of emails really. It doesn't really bother me much. I guess some people get irritated by it, but it's still a good way to get good deals. Have you ever tried buying a Restaurant.com gift certificate? I've thought about doing it before but haven't yet.

6. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    The fiancee and I use them from time to time. Some of our local restaurants have some great coupons that are too good to pass up. I think they're actually better for the waitstaff than it is for the diners, though, because in our case we'll usually tip whatever the discount was and then some.

7. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    We do too. It isn't the server's fault that we're getting a good rate. Plus, then you have a few extra dollars and can be a bit more generous.

8. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used GrubHub. I will have to check it out to see if it has any offers that apply to my area. The city that I live in is small enough that I can't ever find anything on Groupon or anything like that. Thanks for the tip, though! Maybe there will be something I can use.

9. geniusprofits

geniusprofitsNew Member

Threads:
    Hi,

I recently got a coupon from Popeye's after i completed a Survey. if you want one, just let me know here. I will pass you the survey and you can get one too.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We have a local site that offers different coupons every month or week, and some restaurants tend to be regulars there. I'm guessing a lot of them do try to get onto these sites for the exposure in exchange for the discounts they give to the customers. Sometimes the promos aren't all that good but still worth a shot for even the smallest savings, especially if you frequent the particular establishment and would probably be visiting multiple times, but there are some occasions that a great promo pops up and those are really fun to take advantage of and we do try to invite as many people whenever these deals come along.

11. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    We get the gift cards from restaurant.com for free through Swagbucks (well, okay, I have to work on the site for it) and use them. They're awesome. Just be sure to read the fine print and know what you're getting into. You can't usually use more than one of those at a sitting.

And also, be sure to tip your waiter as though you were paying full price. They're giving you the same service, presumably, so they deserve the same tip!

12. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The kind of restaurants that I like to visit usually don't hand out any coupons. But if they did, I would definitely make use of them, or give them to a friend. I have never used a restaurant coupon. As a matter of fact, when I find them in my mailbox, I don't even give them a second glance, as they tend to be for fast food places that don't interest me.

13. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I use them from time to time if a good deal comes in the mail. Mostly I just try to cook at home to save money. When I go out to restaurants it's nice to not have to worry about the total bill. I've never used a groupon type coupon but wouldn't be opposed to it.

14. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I always use coupons for restaurants. In fact, I will never go anywhere unless I have coupons to use! Never pay full price when you can pay half! On Saturday, my partner and I got a pizza each, a side order and two drinks for £8 each, which I thought was just completely fantastic. I also use Tesco Clubcard Vouchers to trade in for vouchers, meaning that a lot of the meals that we go for are actually free, and I don't have to pay a single penny towards them at all, which is just wonderful. I think that everybody should try to be saving more money when and where they can, because it can genuinely make a huge difference, and it is more than worth it, especially if you put the money that you saved to one side until the end of the year, when you can then treat yourself to something that you have wanted for a long time!