Restoring Chlorine Green Hair Back To Blonde - With Ketchup !!!

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by gata montes • Aug 10, 2015.

1. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Yet another ingenious use for ketchup that I've only very recently came across :D

Although I have to admit - when a friend of mine who has blonde highlights first told me - that smothering your hair in ketchup or tomato paste was a popular beauty hack for those whose hair has a tendency to turn green from the chlorine in swimming pools and was something that she did regularly - as its the simplest solution for restoring her green tinged hair back to blonde after using the pool - I initially thought she was joking - but apparently not - as further investigation has revealed - that it really does work and amazingly well too

So for those of you who have blonde or highlighted hair that may also occasionally experience this problem and who haven't yet tried this inexpensive simple solution - but might like to - bearing in mind - that its probably incredibly messy and likely to make both you and your bathroom resemble something that looks like a crime scene - here is what you do

After first shampooing your hair - apply ketchup from the roots to ends - massage in and leave for somewhere between 20 to 30 minutes - after which time - rinse off - shampoo and condition as normal and you should find that your previously green tinged hair - has now reverted back to blonde - if not - repeating again will definitely solve the problem.

What are your thoughts on this beauty hack and is it something that you already do or would consider trying ?

Oh and if it is the latter - as I have only come across one REAL person so far that does this - please lets us know how you get on.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've certainly heard of this hack before but never tried it (my profile pic is somewhat out of date and I'm now blonde). Apparently the vinegar and tomatoes neutralize the chlorine.

Here's a link to some before and after pics from a lady who tried it:

3. Determined2014

Determined2014New Member

Threads:
    @gata montes@gata montes Well I have never heard of that, it is my first time, well seems like a cheap and convenient way to restore the color of ones hair.

#3Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015