Review: Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Discussion in Product Reviews started by techbeast34 • Nov 29, 2012.

1. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    The Google Nexus 7 Tablet is a versatile device which will meet almost any of your entertainment, reading, or working purposes. The Nexus 7 has a fast Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor along with 1 GB of RAM, allowing it to run faster than almost any other tablet on the market. The 1.2 MP Front Facing Camera make it perfect to video chat on Skype, post pictures on Facebook, or any other activity. The Nexus 7 is great for traveling, as the tablet itself can have up to 9 hours of video playback, 10 hours of surfing the web, and up to 300 hours in standby life. The tablet is small and has a low profile, allowing it to fit into handbags, purses and messenger bags. With 16 GB at $199.99, the Nexus 7 is worth it.

#1Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nice review of the Nexus 7. It has very good specs, aside from the 1.2 MP camera and battery life. I thought that it would last much longer than 10 hours of web surfing. Anyway, how does the Nexus 7 stack up against the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 in your opinion?

3. ryels

ryelsNew Member

Threads:
    Good review! That is a steal. It's hard to beat that price. I think I may look into this as a Christmas gift.

4. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    In speed, I would say the Nexus 7 blows the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 out of the water, as the SGN 10.1 has a 1.4 GHz Quad-Core processor, while the Nexus 7 has a 1.6 Quad-Core processor, allowing for the Nexus 7 to have more speed for processor-intensive applications like games, video editing, and photo editing. In terms of usability, the SGN 10.1 wins in that category, as it has the stylus which allows for accuracy when drawing. The Samsung Touch-Wiz interface on the SGN 10.1 is also very, very nice.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's worth it if it actually works. My dad bought the Nexus 7 as a birthday present for my mum. The screen was unresponsive, permanently locked. We looked online and discovered this problem is quite common. The customer service is almost non-existent, I wouldn't recommend.

6. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    Oh. Sorry to hear that. Just a question: Where did you go for customer support? Did you go to Google or did you go to Asus. Google won't help you that much because they are just selling it. Asus is the one that created the device itself.

7. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I work with my colleague's Nexus 7 a lot of times when i am working with him and seems like a pretty good machine. He does complain a lot of the battery that dies in the most inconvenient times, but since he bought a rechargeable dock for it, he loves that thing. I was really impressed with the screen quality in general, great colors and the brightness highlights everything perfectly.

Still, i recommend everyone to get it only when it gets cheaper.

8. Whitney

WhitneyNew Member

Threads:
    I am looking for a reasonably priced Tablet and ten hours of battery time sounds great to me, considering my poor old laptop only lasts an hour if I am lucky. I mostly need it for portable internet browsing as I find it hard to see the test on the screen with my Blackberry, my eyesight is failing me. so this would be great, it also means I can get a lot of tasks out of the way when I am not at the computer, so perhaps I can save some time. Thank you to the original poster who write this review, I will be checking this one out next time I am at JbHiFi or Dick Smith. I am assuming I should expect to pay more in Australia, however $199 is pretty good, so if even if it is $250 that's still cheap for Australia.

9. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    Tablets from Samsung are pretty awesome at the moment..these are fairly affordable and are pretty functional as well.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I honestly think there are better tablet options on the market. Brands which actually have a customer service and are willing to help if anything goes wrong. Look on Youtube and you will find endless complaints about the Nexus 7. Many people received faulty products and the customer service would not do anything about it, it is not good enough.

11. crazycroc

crazycrocMember

Threads:
    What do you think now that the new Nexus 7 tablet is out? Personally I don't like how they're using the same name for both versions, it can be confusing for people who don't keep up to date on these sorts of things.

12. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I had a NEXUS 7 tablet and I liked it because it was small and it was my first. However it only lasted a week because my kid dropped it in between the sofa and didn't tell me. When I went to recline my sofa to watch television I heard a huge crunch. I didn't know it was my Nexus until I moved the sofa. After retrieving it I saw the glass screen was crushed and the back was slightly separated from the top. She was finished :(.. I still have it and wonder if It can be repaired by google.