Review - Logitech Z130 Computer Speakers

Discussion in Product Reviews started by silentrascal • Jul 1, 2014.

1. silentrascal

silentrascalNew Member

Threads:
    I recently had the need to replace my desktop computer speakers. I had a pair that I was allowed to borrow from work, and they worked great until I had to turn them back in again to be re-used. So I did a little research and of importance to me was that the speakers be small, decently priced, and provide adequate volume and sound (as I frequently listen to music while on my home computer).*So after a little research, I came upon*Logitech Z130 Computer Speakers. These particular speakers are small (measuring*8.9 x 5.9 x 5 inches), not taking up much room on my desk which was the first plus. The speakers are black and so with my black computer and black monitor, they didn't stick out which I like. The last pair I had were tall and beige and stood out like a sore thumb. They're connected with wires, one of which connects right to the power cord and the other that connects to the sound input jack in the back of my pc. The wires are appropriately long enough to hide behind my desk along the wall and reach my machine and power strip, so I don't have a lot of wires all over the place within sight. That's another plus.*Also, these speakers, with the 3.55 mm connector can connect into any PC, Mac, or other device with a similar audio-out port (including many commonly used MP3 players, tablets, and so forth), which is another plus for those who may take advantage of that option.*And then there's the price. I found these particular ones in my local Walmart for about $19, which I appreciated, as it was surrounded by a variety of other much higher priced speakers with many more pieces. I just wanted small, simple speakers, that were reasonably priced and that's precisely what I got. Also, these speakers have a headphone port right in front for easily connecting them when you have those times when you don't want to disturb others (or have them hearing what you're listening to), and with the jack in front, makes it convenient to connect instead of having to reach around back for it.*And then, what about the sound? After all, that's what they're for. Well, on one hand it certainly provides the sound you want, and with its 5 watts of power, the volume levels are more than adequate. My only real issue is that there's no real bass with it, making me think perhaps I should have sprung for a little more expensive set of speakers that had decent bass to it because if you had it before and don't, you notice it and miss it. And for listening to music or watching movies or movie trailers, the lack of good bass is definitely noticeable. So in that sense, if those things are very important to you, I'd suggest going with a set of speakers with decent bass. If it's not critical, then you should be able to make do just fine with these.*As far as computer speakers go, you just need to judge for yourself what the most important aspects are and go with that. These*Logitech Z130 Speakers*are decently priced, the right size, and provide more than adequate basic sound. There are other kinds out there that offer better bass, but they are usually more expensive than these. If that is important to you, these may not be right, but if you just want the basics, than these should be more than enough.