Reviewing Amazon Products

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Happyflowerlady • Jul 17, 2016.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you always write a review and leave feedback when you buy something from Amazon ? I didn't write a review at first; but then I have started writing a reeview each time that i buy something from Amazon.
    there is a program called Amazon Vine, and it is where Amazon picks reviewers to test out products and reeview them. You have to have a lot of good reviews to be chosen for that, and I don't have that man yet; but even so, I have received emails from some Amazon sellers asking me to test their products and selling them at a discount.
    Does anyone else here do that, and if so; how is it working out for you ?

2. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    WOW!! That is such good information!! I never knew. I use the reviews but rarely contribute to the reviews. I guess I need to do better. One thing I noticed is that you can go back in your order history and write a review anytime you want to. So it is not a time-sensitive deal. I can start doing this now!! Thanks for the info!

3. MissLibby

MissLibbyMember

Threads:
    I occasionally would write a review in the past, but since I got my Kindle and have been reading a lot of eBooks, I've been writing more reviews lately. However, I don't do it consistently. I didn't know about this program either but it sounds interesting and fun. I think I'll start keeping up on my reviews so maybe I'll be asked to be in the program. Thanks for the information.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever write reviews. Like most people I'll only write a review if I don't like what I bought. I suppose this is OK because I at least warn others not to buy the product.

I hadn't heard of Amazon Vine but if I could get some free products to review then I think I'll be writing more reviews in future.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't shop much on Amazon, well except for eBooks, which I buy a lot of. I always leave a review for those each time I finish reading a book. But I have been approached about leaving product reviews via my Fiverr gigs, none of which are really about reviewing products. I've had people ask me to create multiple Amazon accounts for that purpose, and each time it's been a resounding NO for me. However, I'd do it if the offer was genuine and totally above board.

6. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I try to be as good of a consumer as I can, especially when it comes to online shopping, and for me that means reviewing as many products I can in a honest and objective manner. I fall victim to bias too though just like anyone else, but I think that they more reviews out there the more complete a picture we get about the products, and in the end that means that the consumer wins, which is always my desired result.

7. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    Even without Amazon Vine, you can get free and cheap products to test, @Denis Hard@Denis Hard . If you search for amazon reviewer, you will find websites where you can sign up and get products to review.
    The first thing that I did was start going back through all of my amazon orders, and writing reviews for them. Also, make sure that your amazon profile is up to date, and adding that you want to test products helps, too.

We have been getting all kinds of products for just pennies on the dollar, and Bobby has gotten new bodybuilding supplements and equipment for his exercise routines, as well.
    Different websites have different offers; so it is good to join several of them, and then look for discounts on products you use. The more products you try and then write a review for, the faster your reviewer staus will climb, and then you will also start getting the emails from sellers asking you to test their product.
    This has been a lot of fun, saved us a PILE of money, and I am really enjoying doing this ! !

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip! I haven't written any reviews, but I have always wondered how people get chosen to receive a freebie or a discount for their review. Now I will have to spend some time in my mornings writing reviews. I have been an Amazon customer for 10 years so I do have a lot of products to write about. Good thing I like writing! Thank you so much for the tip!

9. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    Another thing that i have learned, is that you can also review items that you have purchased elsewhere and are carrieed by Amazon. As an example, we bought one of the portable ice cube makers from Sam's Club this spring (and love it ), and I saw the very ame one advertised on Amazon; so I wrote a review about the ice maker.
    When it is a product that you have actually purchased through Amazon, then the review will say that it was a verified purchase, so those are probably the best ones; but even the ones from items bought elsewhere add to your total of reviews, which makes it definitely worth doing.
    Some things are actually cheaper to buy somewhere besides on Amazon, but as long a you kow about the product, there iss no reason not to write a review.
    Just a few hours spent writing reviews has saved us several hundreds of dollars in products we probably could not have otherwise afforded to buy ! !

10. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Recently, I bought half a dozen products on Amazon and spent about $200. After the products were shipped to the address I provided, Amazon sent me a reminder and asked to review product. However, I just dismissed it. Usually,I review the products I buy on Amazon.If I am not in a mood to write long paragraph, I will at least write a line. However, this time owing to my hectic schedule, I did not post reviews.

11. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    I have found that it is not Amazon that contacts me; but the seller of the product is usually the one who emails and asks how we liked the product.
    Now that I am working on becoming an even better Amazon Reviewer, I do my best to anwer each of these requests as well as leave them feedback.
    I didn't even know that Amazon did that, since I had only seen it used before on eBay; but Amazon now also has a feedback section .
    This means that I am now leaving feedback once I receive the product as to how well the transaction went, and if the product arrived okay and promptly, and then I write a review once we have tried out the product and see how well it works.

12. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I write reviews for things that I've purchased on Amazon, a lot. If I can help someone make a decision about purchasing an item or not--just by my review, then I've done a service for someone out there.

13. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds cool. I would be on board for such a program, especially through Amazon. I guess I'll have to get busy writing up some reviews. I have a bad habit of forgetting to review stuff, unless it's something bad and I want to warn other people about it. I should make sure to review the good stuff too, so I can share the positive aspect as well. People could save money buying less expensive yet still good quality products. I'll have to do that more often.

14. Norjak71

Norjak71Member

Threads:
    I usually only do if it's a somewhat new product. Most of the reviews are have thousands of people giving input so I find it pointless to do that; however, if it is a new product and no one has really tested it out I'll leave my review, and be very fair in doing so.

15. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    Most of the items that are available for review are newer items, and some of them do not have any reviews on them at all yet.
    We have been doing this for several months now, and Bobby (my husband) is also writing reviews on the products that he orders from amazon. Almost all of the health food supplements that we take (vitamins and such), we have either gotten for free, or for only a few dollars, as opposed to $20-$30 for a bottle of expensive vitamins.

I started looking at some of the more expensive product for review, and there are a lot of great deals on those as well, although you usually have to pay about half-price to get those more expensive items.
    However, you can test things like 3-D printers, telescopes, ceramic barbeques, tents, and all sorts of other iems that sell for hundreds of dollars, and get them for half price in exchange for writing a review of the item.
    This is truly one of the greatest things that I have stumbled across, and we are enjoying it a whole lot !

16. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Some people review products for a living, and not necessarily for Amazon.com. I never bothered with writing a review so far since the articles I buy usually have plenty of review anyways. Is a bit unfair to not pick new products with low feedback though. I guess I will consider this next time I purchase something not very popular there.

17. Anne

AnneNew Member

Threads:
    It's good to see this post. I think I am qualified to write my experience and advice here.
    I have wrote for many items. But I am sorry to tell that Amazon vine is not that popular these days, bacause amazon delete some reviews,which looked as fake ones. I am to write a post to tell how to get more free samples to review.

18. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I get deals from elitedealclub for products and write reviews for the products, I like this site becasue the reviews don't have to be "positive" to continue to get deals, the reviews just have to be honest. I have also used snagshout as well to get deals, but they have limits on how many deals you can get a month.

19. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    I like Elite Deals, too, and they are one of the first Amazon review sites that I started out with . They get some good products; but you can only get one in the morning and one in the afternoon, and then if the code does not work, you still can't get another product instead.
    It is also very hard to get them to remove a product that you were not able to get because the code was no good, and they will keep asking you to review that item, even though you have written several times ad informed them that the code was no good.
    I just got two nice fishing poles and reels for my husband and myself, and they were expensive sets; but we got them for a very small fraction of the normal cost. I found those at Amazon Review Trader.

20. naveen.vishwa

naveen.vishwaNew Member

Threads:
    Yes i write a review every time when i made a purchase. it helps others to decide whether to purchase or not