Roach hotels on the spot!!!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Contrailla Davidson Sr. • Aug 18, 2014.

1. Contrailla Davidson Sr.

Contrailla Davidson Sr.New Member

Threads:
    I was in columbus Georgia once visiting a friend and rented a hotel (well tried to rent it) room for the night. I was all excited about it because it was my first time there without me being on business. so my friend and I decided we would get a cheap room and thats what we did. But when we went to the room and proceeded to open the door we had company. It seems as though the room was already occupied with guests. They fell down on us as we started walking in the room" maybe they didn't want company. These huge roaches scrambled and ran all over the place , the sheets were dirty and the room had this big hole in the ceiling. That totally tore me up with small town hotels from that day on.

2. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    your posting made me laugh out loud! You wrote, " I decided we would get a cheap room" and the operative word was cheap. Once, I could afford more expensive hotels, like Hilton, I never again had those experiences. Often, we get what we pay for.

3. Contrailla Davidson Sr.

Contrailla Davidson Sr.New Member

Threads:
    I know how you feel. I haven't spent any money on a hotel room in years. One is the fact that i have my own place and haven't been on a trip in a while. The other is i just don't want another moment like the last until my change is better. But i know i'll have to do it soon because my fiance probably gone want a nice one when we head out on our honeymoon.

4. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Are you kidding me?? That is so gross. I mean, a room like that should be illegal to sell to people. Its inhabitable for guests. What did you do? I hope you demanded your money back letting them know that there is no way you would be staying at the hotel. Seriously, what happened?

Not all cheap rooms are like that, I was on a road trip recently and paid about 57 dollars for it and it was very nice. How cheap are we talking?

#4Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are other ways to save some money, you could for instance get a hotel that is a bit further away from your destination - particularly if its a popular tourist spot like New York City or Las Vegas. Either you will find they have better rates, or you simply get more bang for your buck. One of the times I went to New York City, we stayed in what's known as "Spanish Harlem" at a Comfort Inn - the rooms were big and spacious, and the cost was reasonable. In contrast I've stayed in Manhattan and paid three times as much for a room that was the size of a walk in closet - I couldn't even lay my suitcase down on the floor because there wasn't enough room between the bed and the wall.

At the very least, you could threaten them and tell them you took pictures of it all and plan on posting them on all the review and travel sites unless they give you a full refund.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    That is unacceptable at any price. Cheap should mean less amenities, older furniture, signs of wear and tear perhaps, but there is no excuse for not calling an exterminator when it is needed and no excuse whatsoever for trying to rent a room that has not been cleaned.

7. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    ick! I understand 'getting what you pay for,' but the rooms should at least be KEPT! I hope you reported them on Yahoo! or Google or LinkedIn or TripAdvisor! ... even Yelp!