Road Trip! Make some Travel Games for your Kids

Discussion in Travel started by Zyni • Nov 14, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You and your kids can make some simple travel games to take with on road trips. Paint an Altoid's mint tin and then add tape lines to make a Tic-Tac-Toe board on top. Add little magnets to some buttons (two different colors of buttons) to use as game pieces. When not playing, store the buttons inside the tin. You can also fill a tin crayons and small pieces of paper to take with into restaurants, so the kids have something to do while waiting for food. Simple, inexpensive, and they don't take up hardly any room.

2. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Zyni! I appreciated the way to make the simple and exciting game. You have shared a useful information for all parents and especially for mothers because they have to take care the child every time. I am sure all mothers will like your post. Here I want to know from where you have learned to make this game?

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen craft sites where they make Altoid's containers and all sorts of tins into little games or other trinkets. It's simple, fun, inexpensive, and you are re-using things instead of throwing them away, so that's an extra bonus. I always liked having extra little things for the kids to do on trips or while waiting somewhere, so I thought someone else might like the idea too. You can even make it a project out of making these, and have a craft night with the kids for fun.

4. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:

I am glad I came across this because we are planning a road trip. We will be driving halfway across America, and I know my kids will get tired of reading books in the first day. One thing they do enjoy is crafts, and DIY projects, so this will be great for them.

5. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I don't necessarily make road trip games from scratch, but I always keep my eyes out for compact and cheap entertainment toys. The trick for me is to keep these things put away so they are "new" for those times when I want my kids to be engaged. I have a couple things like this (small coloring books and miniature markers, for example) that I keep in a special spot in the car and bring them out for sitting and waiting at restaurants.

The mint tin idea is a good one though. My kids love "treasure boxes," haha. I'll have to come up with something to stick in a couple.

6. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    You don't even need to "make" anything to have fun games for the car. We always play the alphabet game with our kids...starting at A, they need to find every letter of the alphabet on a sign outside the car, going in alphabetical order. We've also played the license plate game, which might require a piece of paper to keep track: we try to see how many different states we can spot on various car license plates.

7. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    That will be really stunning to enjoy for having such a good time ahead.

8. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    That's a great idea adding few games for kids can save you from the hassle of kids reaction while they get bore on the way to reach your destination. I Spy is also a good game to keep them busy and entertained. What do you think about it?

9. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a fun and creative way to make travel games for your kids. I think they would enjoy playing Tic-Tac-Toe and drawing with crayons on the road. You are very resourceful and clever to use Altoid’s mint tins and magnets for your games. I wonder if you have any other ideas for travel games that you can share with me. I would love to hear them.