Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame 2014

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by ohiotom76 • Apr 10, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Kiss has been on the news quite a bit lately over their beef with their Roch & Roll Hall of Fame induction - mainly because the organizers only wanted the original lineup to perform, and Paul & Gene refused to do so. I can see both sides of the argument, but also, for the sake of the fans, and out of respect to the other two founding members, I think they should have done it. I know Peter and Ace had their demons and battled substance abuse issues, but they have since sobered up and like it or not, the Paul and Gene still profit off their work after all these years, so it's kind of shady to keep snubbing them like that. It seems like they're kind of being kind of selfish - whenever they *do* want to do a reunion, like they did in the late 90's, they just assume the other two will come running back and do it, which they have done. But when it's the other way around, they just blow them off.

In related news, although Kiss has said they will not be performing due to their infighting, supposedly Ace Frehley *will* be performing after all - he was asked to join Rage Against The Machine on stage. That sounds pretty awesome, and it's nice to see some of the members of Kiss get some support from other renowned bands instead of getting treated like some joke group.

Lastly, there are rumors Joan Jett will be joining what's left of Nirvana on stage for their induction, which should be awesome. Foo Fighters and Joan Jett have performed together a number of times over the past few years now, and they sound incredible together.