Roku Stick

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by danielle davidson • Jun 12, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    Awhile ago my mom bought a Roku Stick for my sister and I because we love watching Netflix. We don't really watch live TV anymore because honestly I don't even think that there is any good TV out there anymore. Whenever I try to watch something on TV I always end op finding nothing because there is nothing that I want to see. I really love the Roku stick. I don't use it for anything else other than Netflix, though. I know that there is a lot more that I can use it for, but the other channels seem kind of lame. A lot of the movie channels you can get on it don't have good movies. So, has anyone else used a Roku stick. If you have then do you like it or hate it? Also, is there another good option besides the Roku stick?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchaed one yet, I do plan to get one when I get my new tv. I use the ps3 to stream Netflix, Hulu and Youtube for tv shows and movies. Are the movies on Netflix or on the Roku stick? Some of the movies on both Hulu and Netflix are old and not to my liking. Amazon videos have a better selection but you do have to purchase a prime membership.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Roku Stick is more expensive than other sticks by about $10, but it's still the best option out there for most people. It's got a wide app selection, zippy performance, and an interface that works well without focusing on certain apps. I'd recommend it over the Amazon Fire TV stick or even the Google Chromecast, unless you're in the Amazon or Google ecosystems.

4. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I've had my Roku Stick for just about a year now and I absolutely LOVE it!
    I use it for Netflix, WWE Network, iHeartRadio, Pandora, and Youtube
    I had looked into getting the Fire TV but it didn't have the WWE Network but the Roku Stick did, the FireTV stick does now but I already had the Roku.