Rollover Minutes

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by MrsJones • Feb 19, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I've been seeing a couple of commercials about rollover minutes (AT&T and T-Mobile).

T-Mobile was the first stating how the other service providers would take back the un-used minutes. I saw AT&T advertise that un-used minutes will be rolled over to the next month as an appreciation to its customers.

Is this a good thing for any of you to know that you probably won't be charged for over usage, or do you have unlimited text and data so it doesn't matter?

2. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    You must be thinking of roll over data. Almost all major US carriers now have unlimited minutes. So with T-mobile all customers who pay for at least three gigs of data get a ten gig data stash. The stash is good for one year, so if you go over your 3 or 5 gig plan you dip into the 10 gig stash so your speeds don't slow. once you've used your entire stash, each month that you don't use your full paid for data, it rolls over into the next month. For example if you have 3 gigs and only use two the additional gig will be available to use later. Keep in mind T-mobile doesn't charge overages so the stash and rollover are just to keep your speed from throttling.
    Right now T-mobiles data plan is waaay better than ATT because yes, unused data rolls over, but if you exceed your data you will be charged overages. ATT's rollover is only good for one month. while T-mobile will roll it for an entire year. Also ATT doesn't include a stash to get you started.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're definitely talking about rollover data because kjonesm1 is right about carriers offering unlimited minutes and texts already. Both plans are good for different groups of users, but it's not going to make a HUGE difference for the average person. Power users that mow through data will find having rollover data a nice luxury, though. Sprint and T-Mobile offer unlimited plans for single lines, so those are better options for the heaviest users without other lines on their account.

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it is rollover data. My bad:confused:. This is good information for me because I'm considering purchasing a new android. I have always liked T-Mobile and when I saw the commercial stating no extra cost or action for the rollover data feature that is one more incentive to stay with them.

Thanks for getting this thread on the right track kjonesm1 and troutski.