Roomba the iRobot

Discussion in Home & Garden started by maddie • Oct 5, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone here use the Roomba? I have read some great reviews about the product. I have seen these in action and have started saving up for one. What are your views? Is it as good as it sounds? Have your say.

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't looked at one lately. I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond a few years ago and they had one on display. Personally I don't think it worked very well. I suppose they've made improvements since then. I did see Groupon Goods has a special on these. I think they were 33% off.

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you Jleadbet, that is very sweet of you, I may not be able to use this coupon as I live in Asia. But do you really think that the irobot does not work well? My cousin has been using one and has been raving about it... I will have to check with her again.. thanks for letting me know. I appreciate that.. I don't want to spend so much and have a product that is not working.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember when the Roomba was first released. I didn't think they would last long on the market. I am surprised by its longevity. Its effectiveness has also gotten better over time.

5. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    My brother has a Roomba. It must be one of the older models because he has had it for years but it works really well, I'd say it's definitely worth it. My sister also has one and I don't know much about how well it's worked for her but she must like it because she almost bought my brother one for Christmas (he's always loved vacuums and robots) but my parents bought it for him instead. I've been wanting to get one too. I don't hate vacuuming but it would be great to not have to do it and just let the Roomba do all the work for you, I would vacuum everyday then!

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    The newer versions are more powerful and hard working. I really need one as I will be shifting into a huge house.. I cannot do so much cleaning everyday. We need to mop our home everyday as well. Having the Roomba would be a great help.. I have been looking up ebay for decent deals .. buy the ones I have seen are really expensive. I need to keep looking for them everyday.

7. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Maddie, my mom has a robot vacuum, not sure if it's the Roomba or not, but she is very happy with it. Her dog on the other hand thinks it's evil, lol. She showed me a short little video she took with her phone of him barking at the vacuum while it was running.

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I think my dog may not like it either. They don't like these silly thinks running around by themselves like crazies. I hope I find one soon. I will be shifting into a huge house quickly and I cannot vacuum and mop every day as I do here. 2000 sq. ft is too much for me to clean, and my boys don't make things easy either. I just need a good deal :D

9. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I got my higher end version of Roomba.. and I am so happy with it.. My dog seems to have taken it in her stride and just ignores it.. or walk away with a disgusted look on her face. I am so glad that I got this one even if I had to pay quiet a bit of money. Its worth it.

10. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    That's great, Maddie, congratulations! I'm sure having it makes your life a lot easier, and it's great that little Choco isn't getting stressed out by it. I still laugh thinking about Charlie barking at my mom's vacuum. He is so funny sometimes!

11. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Today choco just turned her snout away and walked away from it as it chased her around.. She only came out of her house after the thing went and docked itself. I expected her to be like Charlie.. she does not like anything moving around.. but I guess she isn't jealous of the robot. Smart girl :)

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wanted to get one of these types of hardwood vaccum for my daughter, her house has hardwood floors on the first level which is very large. You are always dusting looking for lint and items on the floor. I had heard that they were very slow so I did not get it item. Now I wish I had gotten it. I think I will look into it a little more and just give it to her because I love her.

13. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I've been looking for an easier way to keep my floors clean. My 6 month old is about to start crawling and having to sweep and mop everyday is exhausting. I think this would absolutely help! I will look into this now and perhaps it will be on my wish list for my upcoming birthday. Thanks for the help guys!

14. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    @ pat your daughter will love you for it.. :)
    @ Mrs.Pirz you will not regret your decision.