Rowdy Neighbors

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Nikkishea21 • Jan 7, 2015.

1. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    I have some neighbor that I would like to see relocated really soon, I am not a miserable person and I get along well with others for the most part, I try to avoid confrontations are usually avoided. These individuals sings indecent language on a daily basis, they are extremely loud and they have a dog that barks nonstop. I suspect the reason for this is because he is not properly fed but this dog barks loudly right throughout the day and night. When I came to the area I was unable to sleep as it was extremely annoying and disturbing but it is now a part of me but annoying none the less.

2. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    Just because they use indecent language doesn't mean they are indecent people, maybe you can simply share your concerns with them. I understand that a lot of people don't like confrontation, but isn't relocating a little extreme just because you don't wanna tell them if it's possible to stop the dog from barging during the night?

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with the previous comment. I curse like a sailor on shore leave and I'm actually a good person and religious.
    Sometimes, when you hurt yourself or make a mistake , a curse vents anger more effectively than saying "oh fudge".

But if you have a chat with the neighbors and they still keep up the noise, maybe you should consider moving.

4. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Do you live in my neighborhood? :) It used to be very quiet where I live and then these people moved in who have absolutely no consideration for everyone else on the block. Over the years they have repeatedly blocked my driveway... the music blasting with the beyond offensive lyrics isn't as bad as the not being able to breath in my own garden from all their smoke (all kinds). I like to open the windows, but that is often not an option. Now there's another group across the street who are becoming just as inconsiderate with their music at all hours.

5. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I have some really loud neighbors as well. I hear a lot of arguing going on from there from time to time, and I just heard the mom beating the crap out of her child. It really does amaze me how loud they are on an almot constant basis. I don't think that will change anytime soon, so when I'm in my room I mostly sit with my headphones on.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have some loud neighbors also but they are so good to you when you need something it is hard to complain. The guys actually have a block party during the summer in front of their house, which is on the corner with a very large yard and a big house with 5 bedrooms. They are sit out side on the curb talking very loud drinking and cursing. It has been quiet for a few weeks I keep wondering if they are ok.

7. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I've got worse neighbors than you, I believe. Mine are dirty, loud, and use drugs as well. We can't really do anything about it since the local police are believed to be running the drug cartel in this part of our neighborhood. And even though it pains me to say this, but doing nothing about that problem ensures my family's safety. It's life threatening to run-in with those guys you know. And it's the kind of thing not worth risking your life for.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you've never experienced nuisance neighbours or you live in a very nice area, I can see why you'd suggest having a word with them to tone down their noise and be a bit more considerate. I can tell you it's not always that easy. Even just having a polite word can aggravate these types of people and rub them the wrong way, culminating in them mounting a campaign to terrorise you by escalating the noise or worse still beating you up to a pulp. Some of these people are unemployed, drink a lot, abuse drugs and have zero sense of decorum.

Luckily for us, our neighbours were more about playing music and partying into the wee hours all through the week. Their living room backed onto our bedroom, and the walls were so thin you could hear their conversation. This was made worse by the fact they had to shout above the music to hear each other. We posted a polite note under their door a couple of times, but they ignored us. We even got someone known to us who was friends with them to have a polite word, still nothing.

We had no choice but to escalate the matter to their landlord, who just happened to be our landlord too (something we didn't know until then!). As it happens, he was sick to the back teeth of their antics, which included wrecking the fixtures. They were tossed out within two weeks of us complaining to the landlord, so you could say we were VERY lucky as I've heard of far worse horror stories where people have lost their lives!!

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe its the people who use to live across the street from me but moved away about a year ago. No seriously, when this family moved I think the entire neighborhood wanted to help them pack that's how bad this was. They were known for having late night parties, which always ended in yelling and screaming. They had this dog a pit bull that got out of their yard more then once. One time it charged after me, but fortunately a few of their kids came out to get it. Another time it got into an altercation with my two dogs, which could of got really ugly had there not been a high fence between them. Also, there was a drive by shooting at the house and two car bombings. Needless to say when these people left my family wasn't shedding any tears over it. We have had some difficult neighbors in the past over the year, but none compare to this family. Unfortunately, I feel bad for those who now have to contend with them in their neighborhood.

10. asereht1970

asereht1970Member

Threads:
    Problems with neighbors? I have them too. Although they are not so loud like yours. What irritates me is that they keep on dumping waste on the drainage canal which makes it clogged. I don't understand why they can't throw their waste properly?

11. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    My situation is a little different. I live in this 2 story apartment buildings me an ny fiance live on the bottom floor we are quite friendly people. Theres these people that live above us its just a older woman and her daughter. Nuce people but the stomp on the floor extremely loud all day and night and it always sounds like tbey are miving furniture around. I dont get it I always wonder if they ever sleep. I wake up at like 2 or 3 in the morning all the time bacause of their stomping. What could they possibly be doing up there. But I got so tired I decided that I am moving out of this apartment in about 2 weeks and my next apartment is a one story so I will not be hearing no commotion above me now lets just hope that the new neighbors arent loud and crazy next door to me!

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's only when you have bad neighbors you appreciate the good ones. Dogs are hard work, but the owners should keep them indoors. My ex landlady used to let hers out each morning at 6:30 a.m. and was always telling them to be quiet, so I never really slept. She should have taken them for a walk like normal people. I think people should be considerate and it's when my neighbor cam to see me and then could hear her husband in the flat above, she said 'is that what we sound like?' and apologized. Sometimes people don't know, so letting them know in a gentle way is the best way if it distrurbs sleep.

13. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    You don't have to get on with every person you live next door to. It would be nice but it would be surprising if every single neighbor was perfect and decent. It sounds like they don't have much consideration for people around them. In an ideal world, you should have a quiet word with them. If that's not feasible, then you may have to accept it. Treat, tolerate or terminate (as in move yourself or get them moved). Those are your options.

14. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    Haha The big three T
    But it's not really wrong also I recommend using terminate as your last resort. Maybe it's not such a bad thing having these neighbors, you could see them as a way to train on how to deal with difficult situations.

15. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I have neighbors that think screaming at each other is how to communicate on a daily basis. It seems like they would get tired, or a headache or something. It really disturbs my peace. Then another set of neighbors is lazy and sets their garbage outside their door and leaves it for 24 hours or more and it leaks and smells. I wonder what it is that makes some people so inconsiderate of others? I just focus on being a good neighbor, with hopes I create the karma to merit good neighbors.