Rummage sales?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by brittanyt28 • Jun 12, 2013.

1. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    I love going to rummage sales in the summertime. I'm sure we've all heard "One man's junk is another man's treasure", and it's so true! I love finding things that I love for cheap. I don't have a lot of money, so I can find stuff that I can great use out of. Does anyone else like going to rummage sales? :cool:

2. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I love going to any kind of yard sale! I love to recreate things and this is the best way to find good bones kind of things! Almost my entire house started at a yard sale of some sort. Then I bring it home and turn into what I want! My latest project was a bathroom vanity turned kitchen island.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of GOING to rummage sales (you have to get up early if you want the truly good deals, haha), but I love thrift store shopping and I'm quickly becoming more and more addicted to online garage sales. I've always liked Craigslist, but suddenly Facebook Yard sale Pages are becoming really big.

I love scrolling through and seeing what people are getting rid of. I also love that there are pictures right there. So fun.

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not been to a rummage sale in years. Instead, I go to thrift stores and consignment shops. To me, they offer more variety than the average rummage sale as well as quality goods.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Is there a dramatic difference between a rummage sale/yard sale/garage sale? I love them all. I'm not really sure if there is a difference between them though. Primarily because I enjoy things that are rather old. Not in the sense of antique. I am not too knowledgeable on those items in a way a lot of people are. More along the lines of nostalgic or something I find aesthetically pleasing.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer thrift stores too because the merchandise is more organized and you have a whole store to pick from instead of one family's stuff. Plus, Goodwill actually accepts returns of electronics if they don't work , but if you buy something electronic at a yard sale and it won't power on, you can't return it.

7. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do. I don't always find very good stuff at yard sales, though, because it is usually all picked through by the time I get there. I do like thrift stores, though. I can usually find some really nice things. Sometimes, I even find clothing items that still have the original tag attached, which means that they are probably brand new clothes if the tag was never taken off. I also have found many, many things to decorate my home and thrift stores, such as pictures and posters.

8. Aquila

AquilaBanned

Threads:
    Utilizing them can be fun most of the times its about having an outcome that lets us do things quite finely and at the same time so what you have said is making sense completely which can be working in a different kind of manner and it can be taken ahead.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go to rummage sales, and I also haven't seen one in my area for many years now. I do go to thrift stores from time to time if I happen to pass by one. Nowadays, I mostly shop online on those 2nd hand sites where people sell their used items. It's easier to find what I need using that method.

10. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I loved rummage sales because I was always trying to DIY something or find the greatest item ever accidentally sold at a yard sale. Now I don't really go to yard sales mainly because I don't want to accumulate more stuff. I'm always tempted to pick a little something up just because and even though it's only a few dollars I just don't have space for it so it is more trouble than it's worth.