Safe Exercises for the Back

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by lizzief79 • Oct 27, 2014.

1. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I am on one of my rare fitness phases at the moment. I have recently lost around a stone and want to add a bit of exercise into my daily routine. The problem is, I have a lot of trouble with my back. Even long walk can leave me in pain. I know that swimming is a good option, but I have no car at the moment and the swimming pool is miles away. Can anyone suggest exercises that I can do at home that will help me get fitter without harming my back? I can't really afford to buy any equipment either.

2. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Some people forget that they need to stengthen more than just the abs -and do not forget about those back muscles. The back muscles are some of the largest in the body, and the back muscles are really good for your overall posture as well. So yes, back exercises are very good for your overall strength-and this video below requires no weights so it would be perfect for you to do at home.

3. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Have you ever tried Yoga? It has a number of postures that will not only help strengthen your back but also help lessen back pain. Plus it is not strenuous and doing Yoga regularly will help improve your stamina and tone your muscles. Here is a link that I am sure will help you, but a word of caution - take it slowly and gradually!

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was also going to suggest yoga, but less strenuous ones that I found in a book. Yoga Rx by Larry Payne phd & Richard Usatine, md. I like it because it's so easy and you don't have to stand on your head either, lol. It works. I found herbs that work really good too. Swanson Vitamins has Full Spectrum Herbal Joint Care 60 caps for 4.99, Vitamin Shoppe has White Willow Bark 400 mg, their brand, for 5.99 plus tax, CVS has Glucosamine HCI 1500 mg MSM, buy one get one free 150 caplets 17.49 when on sale you can get 2 for this price. As we get older our carrying our bags of groceries, luggage and laptops takes a toll. Even our bags can weigh 10 to 15 pounds alone. If you ride the bus it is even more strenuous and we go almost every other day. So most of us have something to pull now days so we don't have to carry these heavy purchases. One of my favorite yoga exercise is right after you awaken, before you get out of bed, just tuck your legs to your knees then got left to right at least 2 times holding your legs tucked into your knee. Then when you awaken you'll find your back will not hurt and for the day it's wonderful. I hope these help, for they helped me. I'm a Senior Citizen and I started to get pain in my shoulder right where the arm begins. Now after this regiment and exercising with yoga, it's gone. There is one exercise my doctor gave me for my shoulder. Wave your arms slowly circularly waving your fingers too at the same time. I do this about 5 x especially when I feel cramped like when you use your laptop a bit too long, then you feel refreshed. These exercises, yoga and herbs works wonderfully. When you buy on sale, SwansonVitamin.com has a site, just sign up for their email notifications and they'll send you special and sales all the time then you can stock up when all the things you need are no sale. CVS.com has sales in your area too, online you can find it by asking for longs weekly sales and put your zip code and you'll have your State's sale online too. CVS.com is weekly. Walgreens.com is also a weekly ad store too. You can check Walmart.com for your store to see if you can find if the things you need is cheaper too. Good luck and you're welcome in advance.