Salt of The Earth

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Bolt • Jun 2, 2013.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Salt of The Earth is a natural deordorant for those concerned about the chemicals and aluminium found in conventional deodorant.

The only ingredient is Potassium Alum, it is very cheap and it works. A 50g roll will last you months. I would definitely recommend it.

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried the salt natural type of deordorant in the past. To be honest I wasn't sure if it was working. I don't know if it was because there was no scent. Ironically when it comes to deordorant I prefer to have something that does have a scent. It sort of reassures me that it is indeed working.

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is scentless. You need to apply it to damp or wet skin. It certainly works, it will not stop you sweating but it will kill the bacteria which causes the bad odor. I'm so glad I have discovered this, I've wanted a good natural deodorant for a long time.

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

I have never heard of this Salt of the Earth deordorant, but if it is natural and cheap, hey you can't loose for trying it. What stores carry the Salt of the Earth, would wal mart have it maybe. I would really like to give it a try, thanks for the information..

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if Walmart sell it, I live in England. I have never seen it in any shops over here but it is widely available online. You can buy it on eBay and on Amazon, Amazon offer the best prices. You can buy it in the form of a spray or a travel stick. I have the stick but I'm going to try the spray as well.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been using this natural deodorant for months now and I can't believe how good it is. It actually lasts for days if you don't wash it off with water. I exercise a lot and I still don't have any body odor after applying Salt of the Earth. I use it every day after having a shower, you apply it to damp armpits and you will be sorted for the rest of the day.

7. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not heard of this deodorant, but I would not mind giving it a try just to see how good it works, or doesn't work, lol. Years ago I tried a natural deodorant, but it did not mix well with my body chemistry. It would be interesting to use this deodorant and see what happens.

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never heard of this also where can you get it?

9. crazycroc

crazycrocMember

Threads:
    So you mean it is an anti-perspirant? Because you said it is odorless but I thought that deodorants were basically just a pleasant smell that covers up your swear while anti-perspirants actually stop you from sweating.

10. cinderr

cinderrMember

Threads:
    Is that at all similar to those deodorant stones? I bought those and we couldn't tell if they worked at all. Probably for the same reason; no odor.
    I don't perspire but my kids did; no one liked these stones. Got them from the health food Store.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought mine from Amazon. They are sold on both Amazon and eBay. I would definitely recommend it, it really works.

I was skeptical before I tried it but it actually works better than conventional deodorant and it has saved money as it is cheap and it lasts most of the year. I've been using mine for months and I have loads left.

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No it is not an antiperspirant, it will not stop you from sweating but it will kill the bacteria which causes the body odour.

You apply it to wet armpits and it will last 24-hours and beyond, assuming you don't wash it off.

13. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this before either, but I do like to shop on both amazon and eBay, so I will look for it. I have a full deodorant stick right now, but I would like to use something natural, and if it also cheap, as well as natural, then it sounds perfect.
    I really prefer a deodorant that has fragrance to it, but if it is doing its job, then that is the most important part, and I can always add a little perfume spray under there to give it some scent.

14. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to try something natural. Antiperspirent seem unnatural and unhealthy, so I like that you say it kills the bacteria but you still sweat.

15. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I want to try natural deodorants. It seems odd to me for some reason. I do not like to sweat. I do not like to be alittle sticky under the arms. If there are any natural deodorants with anti-sweating and a nice smell, then maybe I would try it just once.