Sam's Club

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by cookiemonsterv16 • Mar 24, 2014.

1. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    We recently got a new Sam's Club store built in our area which really helped because we would have to travel at least an hour to get to the other one nearest where we live. My Mom has a membership card and she has been trying to motivate me into getting one, but I thought I'd check it out one more time since I had not been to it for a while since I don't have a membership card. So when we got to the new one that was having its grand opening I saw so many good deals and it just reminded me why I definitely would like to get the membership card.

I really like the quantity of things you get for such a good price its almost like you are couponing because even though you feel like you spend a lot of money on something in reality you are saving because you won't have to buy that particular item for a long time because of how much you are getting. For example, I had seen a package of 15 sponges to wash dishes for $6 I wouldn't have to worry about buying that for a while after getting that deal. I try to focus mostly on items for cleaning, bathroom, kitchen and I also saw some great deals on certain foods. Like I said I am definitely going to sign up for their membership card and I would recommend it to anyone who has a Sam Club store near by to do the same.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm interested but just a few questions to get everything straight. Do they offer discounts only on 'bulk' purchases?

Also, is there some kind of catch - - you know like, do you have to buy $X worth of stuff to qualify for "X" offer?

3. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    Sam's Club is a great thing if you like to buy in bulk. Take a bunch of money, and you can buy enough of a specific selection of things to last all year at a fraction of the price of normal purchases of those items.

4. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    I don't think that Sam's offers discounts only on Bulk purchases then again even though my mom has a membership there she doesn't go too crazy buying things she only makes small purchases but on certain things that will last long and won't have to worry about buying for a while like hand soap or paper towels things we don't have to worry too much about expiring like food considering the big quantity they have at Sam's we try to avoid food selection because it would probably expire before we finish it. I think its best to get the food there if you were going to have a party or family gathering.

As far whether you have to buy $X worth of stuff to qualify for X offer I don't think you have to do that either, but like I said I wish we shopped for a lot more items to really be able to answer both questions with more certainty, but like I said as much as we love having a membership there we don't go over board on shopping for too much at a time its just a few things here and there. I still like it because like I said to my husband you buy huge pack of 12 paper towels for $22 and you don't have to worry about buying that for a while.

5. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    Definitely agree its just a matter of getting items that is best as far as lasting long. I would definitely avoid the food because unless I am planning a party or something I think it would expire before I finished it and it would just go to waste.