Samsung Galaxy Gear (smartwatch)

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Oct 8, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never thought highly of smartwatches and upon seeing the Samsung Galaxy Gear at a store in the mall, I'm not impressed one bit. The phone does look slick but at a price of 300 bucks with only limited functions and features? I think I'll pass. It's only useful in receiving calls and taking pictures quickly. That's about it I think.

If you have a smartphone, you no longer need this piece of gadget with limited usefulness.

2. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    I totally agree with you. There was one time when I wanted to buy an apple ipod nano 6th gen. The one that you can wear as a watch. But then I noticed that I easily bump my cheap watch on most corners (i.e. doors, desk, and even drawers) so I decided not to buy that ipod. The same thing goes with samsung's smartwatch, unnecessary piece of whatever. You could already buy a decent watch with that price.

3. adeleinthesea

adeleintheseaNew Member

Threads:
    My boyfriend is actually constantly talking about wanting this watch and I think I'm going to get it for him for Christmas. Although the ipod nano may have had issues, I've heard good things about the Galaxy watch. It is touch screen and unlike an ipod, its linked to your phone. My boyfriend is opening up a higher class restaurant right now and has people constantly texting and calling him about work so to be able to see what's going on right on his wrist will be a huge bonus. I think it's definitely geared more towards the business man or woman!

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, you could put it that way. However, is reaching down at your phone such a huge hassle? Can't you just easily just grab your phone from you pocket in order to get the call? Then again, you say that these are geared towards businessmen and women. Of course these people have money so they can just simply buy whatever they want.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I guess if people have lots of money to spare, then they would have no problem buying a smartwatch. But for most people, myself included, I also don't think that it's necessary to have one. I'm already contented to have a smartphone.

6. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen the smartwatch and I am not impressed. I think it's a good idea, but this is not for everyone. The price speaks for itself. I like my smartphone and I will be content with that. I know tgere are people who want this because it's something new and different, but that's not always a good thing.

7. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of people who think the Samsung Galaxy Gear is an awesome gadget to own. For me, I think it is unnecessary because I am one of those people who don't need such a technology. I would just stick with my phone and tablet because they are what I needed for - both business and school purposes.