Samsung Galaxy S4 or Nexus 5

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by pahagwl • Mar 11, 2014.

1. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I was thinking of getting a new phone and have been researching phones extensively. After all the research, I have been able to shortlist two phones which suit my needs. And these are the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Google's Nexus 5. Now, I want your help as to which phone is better in terms of features and reliability.

2. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    I would prefer Nexus 5 because it has a Quad core, 2260 MHz processor and S4 has Quad core, 1900 MHz and I never used a Nexus 5( I want to).A friend of mine has a Galaxy S4, I think it has "cheap" plastics but it works without any problems.

3. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    If you want the latest updates, get a Nexus 5. It is super fast, has a lot of nice features and is supported by Google.
    I just don't like the interface Samsung is putting on their phones. They try to take over every app that is already working well. They haven't changed a lot of their icons in years and it's starting to show.

4. autograph

autographNew Member

Threads:
    I would rather get a Nexus 5; it is the best bang for your bucks. Not to mention that owner of Nexus devices will always get priority when it comes to updates from Google. The only drawback here is the weak battery life, but I guess you can solve that with a power bank. I have personally tried both device and I find that holding Nexus 5 has this nicer feeling compared to when I hold the Samsung Galaxy S4. Maybe it is the "plasticy" feel that the above poster said about Samsung Galaxy S4.

5. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't recommend that you buy either of them. they are simply too expensive. You could get the same functionality from a cheaper Android phone. Do not waste your money. Consider all of your options before limiting them to these two phones.