Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 or Lenovo IdeaPad A3000?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Dec 26, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me and my girl are thinking of getting a new tablet that is just within our budget. We have narrowed down our options to the Wifi only Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7 inches) and the Lenovo IdeaPad A3000. My main gripe about the Lenovo IdeaPad is its design. I think that the Tab 3 has a more distinct look that appeals to my girl. However, the Tab 3 is only a dual core device while the IdeaPad A3000 is a quad core device. Which should we choose?

2. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I think the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is a great device because Samsung makes very good gadgets. Plus, its newest technology is the best comparing to other brands. I have the Samsung Tab 2, which I can do so much on it. It is fast and the Android OS makes the tablet a fun mini computer. The Samsung Tab 3 is much better and faster than the previous models. I would go for the Samsung Tab 3, plus the price is reasonable.

3. brookie

brookieNew Member

Threads:
    THe Lenovo IdeaPad is cute, and I have to admit that it has a better camera. But, that's about it! The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 really kills it on everything else! the processor is stronger, so you can definitely handle more stuff on it. And the battery lasts longer, and it has more ram! If your bbudget is good, then I'd suggest you getting the Samsung Galaxy tab 3, unless you just want a good camera.

4. lindbergh

Threads:
    Thanks for your insights ladies. But isn't it that the Lenovo ideapad A3000 had a more powerful processor because it is Quad Core as compared to the Tab 3 which is dual core... I think that the Lenovo Ideapad A1000 is the tablet that has a dual core processor similar to that of the Galaxy Tab 3... Well, at least it's what is written on the specs... :)

5. lindbergh

Threads:
    Here's an update on what we bought guys! My girl and I bought...

A Lenovo A850! Lol. My girl did not want a 7 inch tablet after all because she said that she felt that it was too bulky. That's why we just settled on getting the Lenovo A850 instead. It's a 5.5 inch screen quad core phablet that's similar to the Note 2. It's pretty neat.

6. pvarble1

pvarble1New Member

Threads:
    Good job

Sounds like a good choice for her especially since size was a concern for her. Best to get what she wants since it's primarily for her.

7. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    Go for the galaxy tab. I have been in your shoes before and couldnt decide which tab to go for. What really sold it for me was that the most popular brand has a lot of support and accessories available for it. So it make the overall experience of owning the device about ten times better than the second option that is not so well known. I found my tab to be fantastic and really easy to use.

8. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I have become a huge Samsung fan over the years! So naturally my vote will go towards the Galaxy tab 3. I have been looking into getting a new tablet for myself and have noticed that the Tab 3 has some great reviews all over the web. I was also able to play with one in person and definitely enjoyed the experience! Happy shopping, (whichever one you choose)!!