Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by MrsJones • Jul 27, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My husband received a Samsung Galaxy tablet when he sign on with Sprint. He has had it for two years now and just after he started back to school the touch screen stopped working. There is a Geek Squad at the school but out during the summer. I've searched YouTube and tried some of the suggestions but no success in getting the touch screen to work.

Has any one had this experience with the Samsung Galaxy tablet?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The digitizer or some other part of the screen could be broken. Does the device still display images? If the touch features alone are broken, then you're not going to get it working once again without a hardware fix. That'll require buying a replacement part or two, popping the tablet open, and potentially getting your hands messy because tablets aren't that easy to repair by yourself in most cases. It could cost anywhere from $50 to $125 DIY, or about $150 from the professionals.

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you troutski. Yes, it still displays images. Having it repaired professionally is our best option.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Be sure to do some research ahead of time, to see if it's actually worth paying for the repairs. Most of the ones they give away aren't top of the line, and if he got it a couple of years ago, y'all could probably replace the entire tablet with a new one for the same cost or less than fixing the older unit. Also, if you do decide just to replace it, there's a market on eBay for broken or non-working devices, since people will sometimes find it cheaper to buy a non-working one with a different issue, in order to obtain the parts they need to fix their own.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Interestingly I was just writing an article on the Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet that is supposed to be revealed in August. It is going to be very similar to the Apple ipad Air 2. It might be worth it to trade up to the new tab. I am not sure what the chances would be in trying to get an upgrade for a reduced price, but it might be worth it. On your older device maybe check craiglist's for tablet repairers in your area.