Satellite TV software for pc?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by katniss • Apr 20, 2012.

1. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have A satellite tv for pc software to recommend? I am interested in getting one of these packages so I can consider getting rid of my monthly cable bill and I have heard some are reasonably priced. Thanks in advance. :D

2. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I use Netflix and honestly, I LOVE it!

I signed up through superpoints and got $15 just for taking out the free trial. It is 7.99 per month and you can stream as much as you want with no ads!

If you are in the US, you might consider Hulu, its completely free to watch on a computer, but if you want to stream it to a TV you have to subscribe, but from what people tell me, Netflix is better Value that Hulu Plus.

If you have a modern games console, XBOX 360, PS3, Wii, etc etc, you can download the netflix / Huluplus apps onto those, and steam onto your TV.

If you are in Canada, and have you mobile phone on Rogers, you will have access to a Rogers on Demand service, which has TV Shows, with ads, which you can stream through your browser. Most TV channels will actually allow you to watch shows online for free, such as NBC, Global, etc etc, with no need for a subscription, but these are only available on a PC and not a Games console, if you wanted to stream to TV.

If you need more information, just let me know!

3. Stitches

StitchesNew Member

Threads:
    Netflix is the only one that pops up in mind, but all TV shows are usually available for free whether it be via Hulu.com (streaming it) or downloading it from torrent type websites. (Heck, there's some dedicated websites that have all episodes of TV shows available for you to stream!). Even with sports, there is sport streaming websites available. Now a days, everything on TV is available at the internet for free! But if you have the spare change and want efficiency, then Netflix is the way to go.

4. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I have actually purchased a three pack satellie tv product off eBay and i can tell you it works perfectly, there are plenty of sports channels and news channels and a few good movie channels, yes there were a few channels that didnt work but i have tried hundreds of other channels that work perfectly, and for $10 i think it is well worth the money, i dont even use my old tv card anymore.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Nowadays they also have Roku. Does anyone think Roku is a better bargain than Netflix? Can another name more services besides Roku or Netflix? Are they cheaper, considering the quality?

#5Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017