Sausage Suggestions Thread

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Jun 26, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love eating sausages, but admittedly, I only really have one favorite as the rest, I feel are a bit too similar in terms of flavor. The favorite I'm talking about is Kielbasa, as I find the flavor very unique and savory, and the smell to me is just intoxicating. I also like chorizo for its unique taste, but I honestly would just pick Kielbasa every time anyway if I were given a choice.

That said, I'm still looking to broaden my horizons and get to test out some of the other sausages I may have been ignoring in place of my favorite, so I hope some of our foodie members in this forum would have some helpful suggestions on what other sausages I could try out. So far, the only other ones I've tasted are - as I've said, Chorizo, and also Hungarian and Schublig as well.

2. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I would recommend avoiding the prepacked sausages you find in the supermarkets and buying them directly from the butchers. They are of a higher quality, usually cost less and the butcher is able to tell you exactly what each sausage contains. There is also more variety to choose from with some interesting combinations. The majority of sausages are pork based, although beef are also available. Additions to the sausages include leek, apple, black pudding, chilli, tomato, garlic, basil and loads more. Each butchers has their own specialities. Try farmers markets too if you have any held locally. You can usually taste cooked samples of the sausages before choosing what to buy.